Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Announcements

Announcements

1. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    14 Sep '05 16:15
    Apologies for the short outage today. We are taking action to prevent this happening again.

-Russ
  2. 14 Sep '05 18:05
    SHORT?
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    14 Sep '05 18:05
    And apologies also for the extended forum outage. They suffered a seriously technical issue, mainly that I forget to turn them back on again...

-Russ
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    14 Sep '05 18:05
    Originally posted by Coconut
    SHORT?
    Well, not as short as we would have liked. But I haven't suspended timeouts as I would on a longer outage.

-Russ
  5. 14 Sep '05 18:06
    Honestly, thanks for the hard work. I really like this site, it helps my work-day productivity.
  6. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    14 Sep '05 18:29
    Originally posted by Russ
    They suffered a seriously technical issue, mainly that I forget to turn them back on again...

-Russ
    Heh heh, that's a bit clumsy!
  7. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    14 Sep '05 18:39
    Originally posted by Coconut
    SHORT?
    I also would like to say SHORT?.

But cheers to Russ/Chris for getting us back up and running.

D
  8. 14 Sep '05 18:41
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I also would like to say SHORT?.
    Heh, yeah, "a brief outage", will be back "in a few minutes".
  9. 14 Sep '05 21:36
    compared to some sites RHP has an excellent record when it comers to efficient operation
  10. Standard member Arrakis
    D_U_N_E
    14 Sep '05 22:22 / 1 edit
    I've been having problems all week. After I move in 5 or 6 games in a row then the next game won't come up... if I hit the F5 key, I then get the message, "The page cannot be displayed".

I don't know why the site would slow down the more moves I make??
    And I don't know why it would lose connection. Sometimes I even have to REBOOT my computer to be able to reconnect to RHP! I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.
    Any suggestions?
  11. Standard member Gatecrasher
    Whale watching
    15 Sep '05 15:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I've been having problems all week. After I move in 5 or 6 games in a row then the next game won't come up... if I hit the F5 key, I then get the message, "The page cannot be displayed".

I don't know why the site would slow down the more moves I make??
    And I don't know why it would lose connection. Sometimes I even have to REBOOT my computer to be able to reconnect to RHP! I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.
    Any suggestions?
    Two possible problems:

1) spyware (most likely)
    2) your ISP is having problems with their cache.
  12. 15 Sep '05 17:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Two possible problems:

1) spyware (most likely)
    2) your ISP is having problems with their cache.
    I second this.

If you use IE: Tools->Internet Options->click Clear History then Delete Files and see if that helps any.
  13. Standard member Arrakis
    D_U_N_E
    15 Sep '05 20:41
    Originally posted by Morren
    I second this.

If you use IE: Tools->Internet Options->click Clear History then Delete Files and see if that helps any.
    Thanks guys!
  14. 18 Sep '05 08:13
    Is there anyway we can get a history about this site. Like who made it? Are you/they rich now?

If so they earned it of course.

Thanks again great site.

Joe
  15. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    20 Sep '05 11:43
    Originally posted by joedrummer2422
    Is there anyway we can get a history about this site. Like who made it? Are you/they rich now?

If so they earned it of course.

Thanks again great site.

Joe
    Rich, right....lol. I am pleased you believe the admins of this site deserve to be rich though, so I shall be now be imposing a 1% RHP tax on all user's incomes. Forward all money to the normal address.

This history of the site has come up now and again in the forums, but one day I may document all significant events in the life of this site on a page of its own.

-Russ