1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    02 May '13 01:52
    All the buttons at the top of my screen.. "My Home","My Settings","New Game","Forums", etc. etc. they all point me to whatever page I am currently on. They don't navigate to a new page.

Nothing works.

Thanks.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 May '13 02:03
    Originally posted by mikesalami
    I mean any active game where it's either your move or your opponent's move, with all finished games omitted.
    When I finish a game, I immediately move it to an appropriate archive folder, and never see it in my active game list again. I think that's the way most people do it. You can still access all the finished games, none of the folders make stuff disappear.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '13 04:58
    Originally posted by sumydid
    All the buttons at the top of my screen.. "My Home","My Settings","New Game","Forums", etc. etc. they all point me to whatever page I am currently on. They don't navigate to a new page.

Nothing works.

Thanks.
    Have a chat with sonhouse, he's probably can't get his car to start or turn on his TV due to this new look site.
  4. Joined
    25 Apr '13
    Moves
    02 May '13 08:58
    Having no issues since site update, XP and IE8, looks good.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 May '13 09:10
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I have IE 10 and *nothing* works. I can't move a piece, I can't access the forums, and my games are about to default. The only reason I was able to even reply to this message is because I finally tonight got access to my message inbox and was able to come to this thread via the link that was supplied. I've tried turning on and turning off compatibility view, and I've tried just about every option.
    Can you send a site feedback. Just state that you are using IE 10.

You really should not have any problems on IE10, so something else is up, and the problems you are reporting seem rather extreme. Something else is happening here.
  6. Joined
    14 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 May '13 09:54
    Hi Russ,

I like the site. I liked the other skin but I see how this one will be more user friendly once the bugs are out. Many people just have to find the links on the page which may not be where they were originally.

My issue could be with screen resolution. I am using Firefox 20 on my laptop with a monitor plugged into it for larger screen. On my largest setting, I still have some scrolling.

I love the addition to pagination controls on top of screen as well as bottom. This upgrade is more user friendly to me and as soon as the dinosaurs learn how to use it, they will agree as well.

Keep up the good work,
    Dennis
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 May '13 10:21
    Originally posted by dsmith
    Hi Russ,

I like the site. I liked the other skin but I see how this one will be more user friendly once the bugs are out. Many people just have to find the links on the page which may not be where they were originally.

My issue could be with screen resolution. I am using Firefox 20 on my laptop with a monitor plugged into it for larger screen. On my lar ...[text shortened]... as the dinosaurs learn how to use it, they will agree as well.

Keep up the good work,
    Dennis
    I will try to address the scrolling, which is not really acceptable. What screen resolution are you using?
  8. Standard memberEtown
    Ethan
    Berkeley
    Moves
    02 May '13 14:10
    The new style sucks. It makes it look incredibly elementary. It is much less fluid moving around and was unnecessary. Change it back!!!!
  9. Joined
    07 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 May '13 14:12
    seems i am more colour blind than i thought
    differentiation between my move and waiting is harder than i thought
    board set up - can that include screen set up so that i might be able to adjust contrast
    i did fail my colour test miserably, and 1 in 10 blokes are apparently as bad as myself, but we are forgotten....
    i can indeed see a difference between the two - i'm not actually blind
    but there are new standards in building codes to account for us
    - so that door frames or doors in new buildings stand out in colour from the wall it is ensconced in, so " we " can easily make out the door in the same coloured wall to enter or run to safety from
    you joke i hear you say - fraid not

i do like the changes, it will take me awhile to get used to them
    perhaps i have been here too long... and change is hard for us old bast....s

ciao and enjoy...
  10. SubscriberBrianDonald
    Mr. P. Wise
    The Barrens
    Moves
    02 May '13 15:28
    Originally posted by siretb
    Sorry I will not uodate. I think this Microsoft race towards newer versions, with limited benefit for us, is insane.
    I may try to switch to firefox, and if it does not work I ll give uo and migrate to another chess site.
    But YOU should be able to have a stable b=cersion that works with omder IE, even if all the "benefits" are available only to the newer versions of IE

Bernard
    Thank you, my thoughts exactly
  11. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    02 May '13 17:26
    Originally posted by BrianDonald
    Thank you, my thoughts exactly
    Microsoft release internet browser. Hackers exploit vulnerabilities. Users complain of poor performance and features.

Microsoft bad.

Microsoft attempt to improve browser and introduce updates and new versions. Users complain about the change.

Microsoft bad.

They can't win, can they? Seriously, though, why would you not want to upgrade to a newer version if you use IE? It's not as if you've got to pay for it.
  12. 85120
    Moves
    02 May '13 18:41
    I have Chrome and it works at times and at times I can not move. I have the latest and greatest... Very Frustrated
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 May '13 18:51
    Originally posted by dwainer
    I have Chrome and it works at times and at times I can not move. I have the latest and greatest... Very Frustrated
    Can you send a site feedback? Chrome really should not be causing any problem, so I would like to verify browser version details which I can see from your feedback information.
  14. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    02 May '13 18:51
    The only issue I have is I can't set my "my games" to the default recentl moves setting. I need to constantly change that
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 May '13 22:27
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    The only issue I have is I can't set my "my games" to the default recentl moves setting. I need to constantly change that
    Check this thread if you haven't already. Thread 152783

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree