Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Announcements

Announcements

  1. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    30 Apr '13 07:20
    Some users are experiencing issues with the new UI, so until these have been investigated, we have suspended timeouts.
  2. Standard member yavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    30 Apr '13 14:09
    suspended for how long?
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    30 Apr '13 14:32
    Originally posted by yavash
    suspended for how long?
    I just need to work through some outstanding issues. Its been a long long day...so at least 48 hours.
  4. Standard member yavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    30 Apr '13 15:52
    bet your eyes are sore!!
  5. 01 May '13 01:55
    you've taken the fun and reason out of chess by suspending timeout. why?why?why have you non players messed with something that everybody enjoys. next you will tamper and tamper with something else. I like the simple timeouts just like they were and the old system of the boards and everything like you had it before. you single handedly ruined my chess which used to be fun is no more.taking away the penalty for the crime is wrong. how long are you going to tamper with what is not broken. if it is not broken don't fix it. Richard l. spedale/lnynnspedale
  6. 01 May '13 03:07
    Only trying this on my Android right now.
    But at tines it is very difficult to move the pieces
    to where I want them to go.
    They always go to a different square.
  7. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    01 May '13 08:10 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Only trying this on my Android right now.
    But at tines it is very difficult to move the pieces
    to where I want them to go.
    They always go to a different square.
    On Android, I recommend Chrome for Android over the stock browser.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    01 May '13 08:36
    Originally posted by lnynn spedale
    you've taken the fun and reason out of chess by suspending timeout. why?why?why have you non players messed with something that everybody enjoys. next you will tamper and tamper with something else. I like the simple timeouts just like they were and the old system of the boards and everything like you had it before. you single handedly ruined my chess which used to be fun is no more.taking away the penalty for the crime is wrong. how long are you going to tamper with what is not broken. if it is not broken don't fix it.

    Perhaps he's specifically targetting you and your enjoyment. He seems to have singled you out.
  9. 01 May '13 21:10
    Originally posted by lnynn spedale
    you've taken the fun and reason out of chess by suspending timeout. why?why?why have you non players messed with something that everybody enjoys. next you will tamper and tamper with something else. I like the simple timeouts just like they were and the old system of the boards and everything like you had it before. you single handedly ruined my chess ...[text shortened]... per with what is not broken. if it is not broken don't fix it. Richard l. spedale/lnynnspedale
    Dude. Cry me a River, seriously.
  10. 01 May '13 22:41
    When will the timeouts be fixed?
  11. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    01 May '13 23:43
    This is the first post in this short thread (the author is Russ):

    Some users are experiencing issues with the new UI, so until these have been investigated, we have suspended timeouts.
  12. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    02 May '13 00:23
    Originally posted by lnynn spedale
    you've taken the fun and reason out of chess by suspending timeout. why?why?why have you non players messed with something that everybody enjoys. next you will tamper and tamper with something else. I like the simple timeouts just like they were and the old system of the boards and everything like you had it before. you single handedly ruined my chess ...[text shortened]... per with what is not broken. if it is not broken don't fix it. Richard l. spedale/lnynnspedale
    I'm having a bit of a problem adjusting to the new look myself. So if I make ANY bad moves, we can all thank Russ.
  13. 02 May '13 01:30
    Without meaning any disrespect to anyone, I find some of the posts in this thread somewhat hysterical. I'm assuming the timeout feature will soon be restored; it's not a permanent change. Also, I admit I liked the "old look" and am not crazy about the "new look," but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Overall, this site remains great. If I understand matters, these changes are primarily to allow people with ipads and such to have a better experience. Am I right?
  14. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    02 May '13 09:14
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I'm having a bit of a problem adjusting to the new look myself. So if I make ANY bad moves, we can all thank Russ.
    This week, if your wife leaves you, your dog gets run over, or any other problems in life materialise, thank me, I'm on a roll.
  15. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    02 May '13 09:18
    Timeouts suspension will remain at least until tomorrow AM. (3rd May)

    I can understand why those stuck on 6 games with a few skulls waiting are frustrated, and you want to get some more games started, but hopefully you can understand that a cheap win off someone who is unable to move right now is best avoided.