1. Standard memberavantguard
    Aging like Cheese
    Ocean's Edge
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 06:12
    Originally posted by Russ
    You can have more than 3 days a month booked off. 3 days is just used to calculate the annual vacation allowance. (36 days, but you could book them all over one month if you really wanted to.)

The clock is always ticking - it doesn't stop just because you are away. Therefore, you must move in all games which would otherwise be timed before your 'vacation' ...[text shortened]... timeout' clock will then be reset for each game ready for a return to normal play.

-Russ
    Russ,
    I feel sorry for you. You've done a good thing, and nothing but confusion and dust have followed. I don't get 36 days off (being in the productive and psychologically questionable US economy -- Go Sweden!! Now I know why so many of you guys were at the US Open to cheer Stefan Edberg [who chose to live in London]), but I certainly need to be away from chess for, oh, about 36 days a year.
    Good, common sense solution. Another accolade for an already excellent service.
  2. Standard memberavantguard
    Aging like Cheese
    Ocean's Edge
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 06:14
    Originally posted by Spacetime
    Your suggestion 2 is a great idea! Even better, simply have an autoflag option on the challenge settings. The non-subs can chose autoflag games.

This seems very obvious to me and will save us from 'Only accept if you are not going on vacation' game descriptions in the open invites screen.

Also, the minority (like me) who think vacation flags are si ...[text shortened]... he autoflag challenges - everybody's happy then. But that wouldn't be nearly as dramatic.
    Not material indeed.
  3. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 22:45
    Eh, this new system means timeouts for me. I'm going on a vacation tomorrow for a week but when I tried to book I vacation, I was told that it's only available for subscribers. I would like to be a subscriber but I don't have any chance to pay. (I'm only 16 and my mum doesn't do this because she thinks it's pointless) I think it's a bad idea to make this option available for only subscribers. Not only subscribers go on vacations.

I hope guys I'm playing with will be understanding and won't take the skull.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 03:46
    Originally posted by kbaumen

I hope guys I'm playing with will be understanding and won't take the skull.
    Haha - dream on!
  5. Standard memberIthrowwithClocks
    The Wackiest of ALL
    Holland
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 12:15
    dr Strangelove !!

This item has over 11 pages... Do you really believe anyone will have read ALL messages of each page ? So I repeat what everybody allready have said.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 22:31
    Originally posted by IthrowwithClocks
    dr Strangelove !!

This item has over 11 pages... Do you really believe anyone will have read ALL messages of each page ? So I repeat what everybody allready have said.
    I've read them all but I don't think everyone will have.

Do you like the new system?
  7. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 06:04
    yes
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 09:26
    can non-subscribers apply for vacation?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree