1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 23:16
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The way you play, you are playing with yourselves
    we just don't play to play! WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 23:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we just don't play to play! WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!
    At what cost to the integrity of yourself, your clan, and the site itself? Tell me Rob, will you truly be proud to win the clan championship when you are aware of how you achieved winning it? Then again you are a Celtic fan so that explains a lot
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 00:23
    Dude I issue and receive challenges, I evaluate them according to their parameters, if i find that they give us a sporting chance i accept them, if not I amend them and send them back sometimes with an explanation. I don't always get it right but that's because I am human and prone to aberration. I have not cheated, my players have not cheated, we ...[text shortened]... citadel apart piece by piece, you did not believe me and now must suffer for your lack of faith.
    I hate to say this, Robbie, but that post sounds almost like a duplicate of the sort of stuff VESPIN used to post to his clan. Truly.

Not good, really.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 00:301 edit
    we just like playing chess, whats wrong with that?
    If it was just that you like playing chess, then why would you "send back challenges" that you wanted to amend?

"She just likes playing chess" is also exactly the words VESPIN used, when questioned on it, to explain why the so-called leader of University of Chess For Fun didn't really seem to know quite how to play it.

Doesn't the profile he's written for his new clan, Breaking Bad, say something very similar too?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 09:13
    Originally posted by Startreader
    If it was just that you like playing chess, then why would you "send back challenges" that you wanted to amend?

"She just likes playing chess" is also exactly the words VESPIN used, when questioned on it, to explain why the so-called leader of University of Chess For Fun didn't really seem to know quite how to play it.

Doesn't the profile he's written for his new clan, Breaking Bad, say something very similar too?
    Whether it does I cannot say I have not looked at the profile of the Breaking bad clan and to be counted as worthy of the literary stature of the leader of the glorious revolution against Metallica tyranny is too much accolade for this peasant farmer, but one can dream, never the less.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 09:14
    Originally posted by Startreader
    I hate to say this, Robbie, but that post sounds almost like a duplicate of the sort of stuff VESPIN used to post to his clan. Truly.

Not good, really.
    VESPERS folk legend! fighter against tyranny! residing safe in valours glory, peace be upon him for a thousand generations.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 09:401 edit
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    At what cost to the integrity of yourself, your clan, and the site itself? Tell me Rob, will you truly be proud to win the clan championship when you are aware of how you achieved winning it? Then again you are a Celtic fan so that explains a lot
    Yes i will be proud! I am proud of my players they are the best,. they have done everything I asked of them and more.

Bluebird is a rock, solid and dependable coming in from the North like a terrible wind.
    Sphere82 is like a silent assassin, you here him not until its too late.
    RogerioRamos brilliant as the Brazilian sunshine,
    glammuus - the cream of Europe, sophisticated and erudite
    sperzman - Gritty and determined coming out of white heart lane fearing no arsenal
    the-avatar - american chess explosion! free and easy with the liberty bell dangling from his neck
    sirlurch - ace fisherman lures his opponents to their doom with irresistible bait, Englands finest!
    stephen001 - Jamie Vardy of the clan systems, picked him up for a song, now no one can afford him! deadly accuracy.
    rkmmax - Springbok of the chess world, magnificent in his brilliance
    ahpann - Ancient Celtic warrior as as daunting as the mountains of Wales themselves
    hrkvc - mercurial Son of Canada, underestimate him at your peril
    fagarasi075 - refreshing like a new dawn, forests of azure!
    lstcyr - a wise counsellor and the personification of wisdom itself
    speeball - the Best of British, son of the empire that the sun itself could not set upon.
    brendangibson - Aussie chess machine, eats Queenslanders for breakfast
    vwman - creative, imaginative and super wiling
    macolett - freindly and emanating positive vibes in all directions
    settl - Texmex preparing to take back Texas for Mexico to whom it rightly belongs.
    mgrif - He just tees them up and hits them for birdies

The Easy Riders, Chess legends!
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 09:45
    Whether it does I cannot say I have not looked at the profile of the Breaking bad clan and to be counted as worthy of the literary stature of the leader of the glorious revolution against Metallica tyranny is too much accolade for this peasant farmer, but one can dream, never the less.
    Robbie, that's nonsense, and you know it.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 09:47
    VESPERS folk legend! fighter against tyranny! residing safe in valours glory, peace be upon him for a thousand generations.
    No. Not a folk legend but a cautionary tale.

You know that too.
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 17:261 edit
    Looks like old rivalry between Wycombe and
    Metallica is starting to warm up. 🙂
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 18:10
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Metallica is starting to warm up. 🙂
    gee the race for second or third, how looserville.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 18:19
    Robbie,
    Most of the Clan leaders don't even look at you as a contender because of the way you obtained your points. I must say I have to agree with them. You didn't have to do it either, because you would have been in the running anyways! I don't know how many people or how many different ways you have to be told.
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 18:212 edits
    Subscriber mghrn55online

01 Mar '16 13:26 / 1 edit
    Metallica is starting to warm up.

Yup, It sure does!!!
    -VR
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 18:25
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Robbie,
    Most of the Clan leaders don't even look at you as a contender because of the way you obtained your points. I must say I have to agree with them. You didn't have to do it either, because you would have been in the running anyways! I don't know how many people or how many different ways you have to be told.
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    sure dude and yet when i look at the reality there we are, numero uno! The Easy riders! riding on the highway of desire!
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 18:35
    Key word in subject line of this thread is "interesting".

Easy Riders are NOT interesting !!
    Nothing interesting about 1800 rated players matched
    against 1100 rated players in challenges. 😴😴😴😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree