1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 16:191 edit
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Can't support you there Captain.

Lemondrop is as bad as Carrobie sandbagging his rating and being fed points by the sister clans. He should be the next to go.

I offered what could only be described as the fairest system that could be introduced in the site ideas forum. It would be fair, reward clans for small losses as opposed to bigger losses a ...[text shortened]... d. It is what it is and we all have to play by it so there's no point in getting upset about it.
    While I think there is always opportunity for improvements to the clan feature,
    I do believe that the biggest complaints of the clan system came from very few individuals that had an obsession with 1 or 2 clans in particular.

As we learned, making changes to any feature based on the unfounded grievances of a few individuals,
    of which a couple are banned from clan play or site altogether, has not been proven to be productive by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't think Russ has any appetite to revisit the clan feature any time soon.
    If he changes his mind at any time, then we can all have an intelligent and respectful dialogue in the site ideas forum.
    I certainly have some ideas, as do Radioactive, Moonbus and Padger among others.
    No idea should be disrespected.
    But concensus will be the main driver to any positive change.

Till then we have what we have.
  2. Here
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 18:25
    A 5 man challenge
    5 - 5 = 5--5
    6 - 4 = 10 -- -10
    7 - 3 = 10 -- -10
    8 - 2 = 10 -- -10
    9 - 1 = 10 -- -10
    What is fair about these results ??
    It is not fair to the victor or the loser
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 19:11
    Originally posted by @padger
    A 5 man challenge
    5 - 5 = 5--5
    6 - 4 = 10 -- -10
    7 - 3 = 10 -- -10
    8 - 2 = 10 -- -10
    9 - 1 = 10 -- -10
    What is fair about these results ??
    It is not fair to the victor or the loser
    Same as any sports league.
    If Manchester United beats Liverpool 1-0 or 10-0, they get the same 3 points.
    That's life.
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 20:59
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    That's life.
    The last three games man u against Liverpoo ended 0-0

Collision?
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 21:14
    Originally posted by @roma45
    The last three games man u against Liverpoo ended 0-0

Collision?
    Lol.
    In this case they split the points.
    Just like in clan challenges that end tied.
  6. Here
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 05:33
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    That's life.
    If that is the case then why would man u have a better goal difference than liverpool ?
    You are deliberateley confusing match points with goal points or game points with challenge points
    That's not life that is fair
    Only on RHP is this considered fair
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 05:40
    If that is the case then why would man u have a better goal difference than liverpool ?
    You are deliberateley confusing match points with goal points or game points with challenge points
    That's not life that is fair
    Only on RHP is this considered fair
    Unfortunately you are not grasping the most important fact here. It is impossible to set up a system that is totally fair to all given that some clans have 20 players and some have only 1. There are no set rounds that are played (a clan can play as many challenges as they want). Negative points are essential otherwise the largest clan playing the most challenges would end up the winners even if they only won 25% of their games. You are confusing this whole system with the clan league. I suggest you set up your clan to play in clan league challenges only.
  8. Here
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 05:57
    Unfortunately you are not grasping the most important fact here. It is impossible to set up a system that is totally fair to all given that some clans have 20 players and some have only 1. There are no set rounds that are played (a clan can play as many challenges as they want). Negative points are essential otherwise the largest clan playing the most ...[text shortened]... tem with the clan league. I suggest you set up your clan to play in clan league challenges only.
    If this the case then why is Lemon Drop in second place
    One man clan playing lots of games has little or no negativity
    So your argument does not stand up
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 06:13
    If this the case then why is Lemon Drop in second place
    One man clan playing lots of games has little or no negativity
    So your argument does not stand up
    Because he wins a great majority of his challenges (through sandbagging and gift wins).

Honestly, do you really not get it. Surely you can see that if there was no negative points then it comes down purely to the clan that issues the most challenges. No skill, just pure bulk. Why don't you just concentrate on the clan league. Seems to be more what you're looking for.
  10. Here
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 06:34
    Because he wins a great majority of his challenges (through sandbagging and gift wins).

Honestly, do you really not get it. Surely you can see that if there was no negative points then it comes down purely to the clan that issues the most challenges. No skill, just pure bulk. Why don't you just concentrate on the clan league. Seems to be more what you're looking for.
    That is exactly what Lemon Drop is doing
    He must have 100 more challenges than everyone else
    It seems to me that if you continue to have a system that is not fair the best way forward is to have one man clans
    The big clans will not be able to compete
  11. Here
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 07:10
    Lets put this another way
    If a big clan has a 10 man challenge and loses 11- 9
    It will lose 20 points off of it's total
    If Lemon Drop loses 1 challenge and draws 9 he loses 2 points off of his total
    Now is that fair ?
    That's why negative points will never work and big challenges will continue to diminish
    Has they have done
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 07:24
    Lets put this another way
    If a big clan has a 10 man challenge and loses 11- 9
    It will lose 20 points off of it's total
    If Lemon Drop loses 1 challenge and draws 9 he loses 2 points off of his total
    Now is that fair ?
    That's why negative points will never work and big challenges will continue to diminish
    Has they have done
    Well maybe you should devise a new plan for the clan system, run it by Russ for approval, and when it's implemented or agreed upon we can all see how it goes and if it works.

Until then, we play by the current system. End of story.
  13. Here
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 07:35
    Well maybe you should devise a new plan for the clan system, run it by Russ for approval, and when it's implemented or agreed upon we can all see how it goes and if it works.

Until then, we play by the current system. End of story.
    No I have come up with another plan
    Just play one man challenges
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 07:42
    No I have come up with another plan
    Just play one man challenges
    Then start a clan and do so.

Good luck
  15. Here
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 07:54
    Then start a clan and do so.

Good luck
    I am already leader of the Internationals
    But that doesn't stop me from having one man challenges

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree