1. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    19 Apr '24 22:481 edit
    We are down to 3 full pages of clans. I believe that is around 50 to 60 clans, actually less if we don't count one player clans. We use to have 120 to 180 clans I believe.
    Leaders are not playing matches, and not just with my team or Metallica, they are just sitting silent and if they do play, they argue over a 2 player vs a 3 player match as if that would have any impact at all.

Leaders playing favorites which this year is best example of that and feeding specific clans games / matches which equal points.

They help their friend or friends ONLY where it concerns matches with certain leaders.

My biggest issue is the leaders are not playing their players at all, and they are not picking up good matches that are in their queue.

How can any clan compete with leaders like this? We are more than 25% done with this season. It would be really nice if I did not have send PM's to leaders and beg them to take a match. This includes one player clans. Why even make a clan if you are going to complain or worse not play.

PLayers can look at our matches, we lose a lot, and we win a lot. All fair matches. There is one clan that almost has a perfect record in the win column. I'll let you guys figure out if that says "fair play" or not.

I know leaders that are sick of it all and next year I'm sure we will lose a lot of great leaders and clans. It's really a shame.

All my best to everyone regardless of the situation.

Michael
  2. Victor, New York
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 04:38
    @vespin said
    We are down to 3 full pages of clans. I believe that is around 50 to 60 clans, actually less if we don't count one player clans. We use to have 120 to 180 clans I believe.
    Leaders are not playing matches, and not just with my team or Metallica, they are just sitting silent and if they do play, they argue over a 2 player vs a 3 player match as if that would have any impact a ...[text shortened]... nd clans. It's really a shame.

Michael
    Huh? I went to the clan page and found 4 pages of clans for a total of 69. Last year there were 82 clans, a 16% drop. Guess you missed a few there, Michael. Got them confused with the research you’ve been doing on our games for over a year, huh?

Might it be that some of these missing clans have stopped playing because they are so far behind in the first month that there’s no chance of catching up due to the way some clans (get a mirror here, Michael) play out their games at the end of the year so they can finish losing matches in the previous year and winning matches in the current year.

Also, you may think you’re offering fair matches but to others they are not. I, for one, would have gladly played you in the past until you became so convinced that you had spent SO much time researching the match that only your proposal was fair. It wasn’t fair in my opinion and I got sick of your arrogance that I just won’t play you at all. Not worth my time to argue with you.

All my best to you and your continued recovery,
    Larry
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 09:25
    @vespin said
    Leaders are not playing matches, and not just with my team or Metallica, they are just sitting silent and if they do play, they argue over a 2 player vs a 3 player match as if that would have any impact a ...[text shortened]... nd clans. It's really a shame.

Michael
    People have come to recognise that there is not a level playing field and that certain 'tactics' skew the results. Change the framework to establish a level playing field, stop employing said 'tactics', and that might attract people back to the clan system.
  4. SubscriberGixxer
    David
    Bristol, UK
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 16:49
    @vespin said
    We've lost an average of 2 clans each year since the peak in 2007.

The available pool is no longer large enough to sustain a decent level of competition, and I think that is behind some of the observations that Michael has made regarding clan leader behaviour. It's become self-fulfilling, and people are giving up. I know I did.
  5. Victor, New York
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 17:52
    @xanathar said
    We've lost an average of 2 clans each year since the peak in 2007.

The available pool is no longer large enough to sustain a decent level of competition, and I think that is behind some of the observations that Michael has made regarding clan leader behaviour. It's become self-fulfilling, and people are giving up. I know I did.
    It’s actually a bit worse than that. In 2007 there were 632 clans. In 2023 there were 82. So, over 16 years we’ve lost an average of 34+ per year.

Maybe, we should consider restricting clans to 10 players rather than 20. That might increase the clans and the number of matches.
  6. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 23:15
    @lstcyr
    leave this to real leaders Larry. Stay in your negative points lane. This is over your head.
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 23:16
    @lstcyr
    the number of players has nothing to do it unless you are a one man leader.
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 23:18
    @moonbus
    I would agree to that. But getting everyone to do that would be near impossible. What do you think my friend?
  9. SubscriberGixxer
    David
    Bristol, UK
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 23:54
    @lstcyr said
    It’s actually a bit worse than that. In 2007 there were 632 clans. In 2023 there were 82. So, over 16 years we’ve lost an average of 34+ per year.
    Yeah, I meant to say 2 pages of clans. Doh!
  10. Victor, New York
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 05:45
    @vespin said
    @lstcyr
    leave this to real leaders Larry. Stay in your negative points lane. This is over your head.
    Go back to sleep or to your cave and recuperate.

Your "facts" are once again proven to be lies. My clan is positive and is in the top 10 of clans, where it finished last year.

How's your "supposed" research of your "claims" going? Do I have to wait another year? Or longer?

CS
  11. Victor, New York
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 05:47
    @vespin said
    @lstcyr
    the number of players has nothing to do it unless you are a one man leader.
    So sad you are.

There was a post saying that the number of clans was declining. I was suggesting that if we reduced the maximum number of players in a clan that it "might" increase the number of clans and, possibly, increase the activity.

But that would require you actually reading the posts rather than spewing out your venom without thinking, wouldn't it?

How's the research going?

CS
  12. Victor, New York
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 05:48
    @xanathar said
    Yeah, I meant to say 2 pages of clans. Doh!
    Sorry. I didn't get that from the post. Makes sense now. Thanks.
  13. Victor, New York
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 05:50
    @vespin said
    @moonbus
    I would agree to that. But getting everyone to do that would be near impossible. What do you think my friend?
    Will you commit your clan to stopping the "tactics"?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 07:03
    @lstcyr

Hey, Larry, you are spot on with your response here πŸ‘

Let's be clear, Vespin has always offered up "loaded challenges" masquerading as "fair challenges".
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 07:08
    Vespin's only whingeing because he thought by sandbagging 150 points from challenges effectively completed in 2023 he'd be home clear by the end of Jan πŸ˜‰

It's no fun is it @Vespin when for 11 months of the year your playing for nothing ..... and you can be certain by Feb 2025 I'll be one step ahead of you again 🍾

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree