1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 17:462 edits
    Originally posted by @padger
    I would like to congratulate Metallica on using the present system to finish top last year
    I would add that the only other clan leader who used the present system to his own ends was banned
    Perhaps a way could be found where all challenges are played out and not dropped
    The current system doesn't allow for this
    I had a proposal that would have solved the dilemma to a certain extent.
    The issue here being in which year challenge points plus or minus, should be applied when games are played in both old and new year.
    That is the issue here !!

This is a gap that can be exploited by any participating clan.
    This is not currently considered an illegal or questionable practice by any stretch of the imagination.
    Except for a few individuals that have been carrying long term grievances against few clans or individuals.

The ill will in the the discussion threads surrounding this issue is being caused by false accusations against one clan.

There has been evidence presented that multiple clans have been engaging in this acceptable practice.

I am still open to improvements in the clan feature.
    Unfortunately, the actions of one person trying to hijack the process to meet their own agenda last year has soured admin's appetite for change.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 20:011 edit
    I think we're missing an important point here.
    Don't know about anyone else but I play chess on here for fun and relaxation.
    I'm sure there's lot's of other players do the same.
    The clan system is just a bit of extra interest and one way to get new games courtesy of the clan leader without having to do anything.
    There's no prize for finishing top of the clan net points table.
    Because every clan plays a different number of games, has a different number of members of varying ability the net points table is not even an indication of the most successful clan on the site.
    At the end of the year it matters not one jot who is top of the list and who is bottom
    The points scoring rules have been changed many times.
    This is the current system after much debate I might add so let's play to it whether we agree with it or not
    I think Metallica's logo says "just playing the game"
    Good advice.
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 20:09
    Originally posted by @venda
    I think we're missing an important point here.
    Don't know about anyone else but I play chess on here for [b] fun and relaxation
    I'm sure there's lot's of other players do the same.
    The clan system is just a bit of extra interest and one way to get new games courtesy of the clan leader without having to do anything.
    There's no prize for finishing top ...[text shortened]... er we agree with it or not
    I think Metallica's logo says "just playing the game"
    Good advice.[/b]
    well said
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 02:31
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    well said
    I don't know how you got 4 thumbs down for that. See what I mean about not what is said but the poster that says it. 😉

-VR
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 20:27
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I don't know how you got 4 thumbs down for that. See what I mean about not what is said but the poster that says it. 😉

-VR
    every thing is personal on this forum, the hate forum
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 02:09
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    every thing is personal on this forum, the hate forum
    I don't believe for a second it is a hate forum. Perhaps a strong dislike for some posters no matter what they say might be more accurate.

-VR
  7. SubscriberD4V
    Hard Spanker
    Verona, Italy
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 15:37
    Originally posted by @venda
    At the end of the year it matters not one jot who is top of the list and who is bottom
    ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 13:26
    Originally posted by @d4v
    ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING
    My three year old niece does the same thing! 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree