1. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 10:36
    @shortcircuit no that's not what i meant, a 10 man challenge won 15-5 the winning clan gets 15 points not 20
  2. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 10:39
    in a challenge won 11-9 why should the winning clan get 20 points when they only won just over half the games, if a draw 10-10 the logic is used that you get a point for games won so why not points based on wins, if would stop clans throwing games where they have already won the challenge as they would be throwing points away
  3. Standard memberEndLame
    👌
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 10:54
    @shortcircuit

Resigning games when the match is already won lowers that players rating.

That is sandbagging.

Thank you for admitting what your team is doing and how they keep their rating down so they can play easier opponents to win a frivolous contest that means nothing.
  4. Standard memberEndLame
    👌
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 10:57
    That guy actually compared throwing games to lower his players rating after the match is won to a sports team winning a series?

Uh...what? 🤷
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 16:081 edit
    @booger said
    @shortcircuit

That is sandbagging.

Thank you for admitting what your team is doing and how they keep their rating down so they can play easier opponents to win a frivolous contest that means nothing.
    @booger,
    I am not talking for shortcircuit here nor would I attempt to try. Here is the issue we are down to being able to only play 3 clans at a time. (With the same Clan) It was once unlimited. If you get someone holding up a lost challenge by slowing down their moves, what would you propose would be the best thing to do? All we have available to us presently is to just ask for a draw or resign with the opponent holding up the challenge from closing. Never mind the rating they will even them selves out from what I've seen all these years of playing.

In hockey if a team wins 5-4 the winning team gets 2 points, the losing team nothing. Why should we work it any differently because it is chess. Still a game challenges still a team effort not a one man effort. I still believe the winning Clan/Team get all the points.

Only difference that may make a difference is have the Clan Challenges ratings separate from the other ratings. It was VOTED down before in 2016 I believe it was. I think some take advantage of controlling their rating. Not all mind you but some do and that spoils it for the rest in my opinion. Perhaps it is time we had another VOTE on this?

-VR
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 16:09
    @Booger
    Uh, we all already know that the ratings are all farcical. Why do you give a damn about how the rating is affected? You cannot have it both ways. I think I made this point by saying if the clan leaders don't have a reasonable idea of a players strength, they are dead anyway. The rating takes into account all of the games, whether it be tournament, skittles, or clan games. How do you figure it is only dealing with clan rating?? I have been an open book since I started here. We have never cheated or broken a single rule as evidenced by the facts that we have been investigated ad nauseum and always found to be legal. You want to create a new set of rules, fine. We all play by those same rules. Been there, done that, got several T-shirts and still kept winning.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 16:11
    @Booger
    You see, people like you have no clue. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. Seek help
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 17:02
    @sands-al said
    @shortcircuit no that's not what i meant, a 10 man challenge won 15-5 the winning clan gets 15 points not 20
    For the same reason a baseball, hockey or football (soccer) team gets 1 win whether they win 1-0 or10-0.
    The points to be won are like a pot. Winner takes the pot.
    I don't think you'd want to run a game of poker the way you are suggesting.
    The point subtraction for losing is explained by clans playing different numbers of challenges.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 17:09
    @booger said
    @shortcircuit

That is sandbagging.

Sandbagging doesn't really work that well by players throwing clan games.
    First of all, in theory, they tend to get an easier matchup the next game which they would probably win and thus return their rating back to where it was.
    And the rating variation for 1 game is well below the 200 point limit the site has put in.
    On top of that, player ratings have varied far greater across the board, not just with one clan, over time.
    I consistently see opponent players at least 300 points below their best 5 year rating when I try to match up my players against them.
    They are all over the place.

Of course, you would already know that if you looked at clans besides just Metallica.

Rating manipulation is done by taking on games outside clan games.
    You can ask McTayto how that works if you want.
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 20:01
    @mghrn55 said
    Sandbagging doesn't really work that well by players throwing clan games.
    First of all, in theory, they tend to get an easier matchup the next game which they would probably win and thus return their rating back to where it was.
    And the rating variation for 1 game is well below the 200 point limit the site has put in.
    On top of that, player ratings have varied far greater ...[text shortened]... tion is done by taking on games outside clan games.
    You can ask McTayto how that works if you want.
    Leave me out of your pathetic attempt to justify your sandbagging.
    Metallica have been sandbagging for years and still are but when they are called out they try and justify it
    I simple resigned games in tournaments which happened to keep my rating on an even keel but never threw clan games.
    Basically if you are doing no wrong then neither did I
    Man up and either admit that your methods are pure cheating or accept sandbagging as within the rules
    You can't have it both ways
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 20:481 edit
    @Mctayto

LOL....Too funny the king of the Sandbaggers talking about people sandbagging. Remember all the 3 game moves then resign??? 🙂

-VR
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 20:56
    @Mctayto
    You were a sandbagger. You dumped games in tournaments, you dumped games after three moves to benefit clans playing against us. You were a cheat from the get go.
    I can't get any of you geniuses to admit you are wrong when I say, the rating system is a joke. Since it is a joke, it doesn't matter. Since it doesn't matter, how can you sandbag a rating? But what YOU did was sway games to people of your choosing.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 21:11
    @mctayto said
    Leave me out of your pathetic attempt to justify your sandbagging.
    Metallica have been sandbagging for years and still are but when they are called out they try and justify it
    I simple resigned games in tournaments which happened to keep my rating on an even keel but never threw clan games.
    Basically if you are doing no wrong then neither did I
    Man up and either admit tha ...[text shortened]... our methods are pure cheating or accept sandbagging as within the rules
    You can't have it both ways
    It's nice to bring up your name once in a while.
    You are an easy target.
    You are not terribly bright.
    Your clown show with Carrobie (and a couple of others) in 2016 was a clown show reminiscent of Keystone Cops.
    Your attempt to bump up Lemondrop's clan by sandbagging in tournaments was another laugher.

But hey !! You brought up the word pathetic !!
    We'll leave it at that. 😉
  14. northern utah
    Moves
    03 Feb '23 22:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberEndLame
    👌
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '23 00:28
    🤭

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree