1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 09:09
    Thanks Medullah for starting this thread.
    It has borne fruit.
    The Yorkshire Laikers are up and running again
  2. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 19:29
    My pleasure 😀
  3. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 19:30
    Would the person that restricted my earlier post like to get in touch so that we can talk it through please?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '23 15:31
    @venda said
    It has borne fruit.
    Yes, that is nice to see!

The more Clans the better, the more fighting for 1rst place even better.

-VR
  5. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    19 Jan '23 19:02
    @venda said
    It has borne fruit.
    nice one!
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    20 Jan '23 00:12
    Thank you for everyone's positive contributions.
  7. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    20 Jan '23 00:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Jan '23 09:50
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    As I've said before Pete,I really don't see the point of the thumbs.
    I never look at them and have suggested they are scrapped completely.
    At the very least, there should be an option in your profile to turn the things off
  9. Badlands
    Moves
    20 Jan '23 20:16
    @medullah

Seems to me, Pete, it's like treating the patient for a cough when what he actually needs is major heart surgery!

As everyone knows there's a reason why the no. of clans has been in progressive decline ... The historical abuse of the broken rating system by the leading clans. 

Clan leaders have had enough of the cheating, because that's what Metallica has been doing over the years.

Metallica's players have been significantly dropping ratings in non clan games recently. Go take a look if you don't believe me ....

Either way, while RHP continues to fail to implement a rating for clan games, the clan system, which is RHPs sole differentiator, will continue to decline ..

No point treating the cough, Pete. My suggestion to you and other Clan leaders is ignore challenges from Metallica ... they are all loaded, always have been, and always will be ..
  10. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 10:05
    @mghrnss said
    @medullah

Seems to me, Pete, it's like treating the patient for a cough when what he actually needs is major heart surgery!

As everyone knows there's a reason why the no. of clans has been in progressive decline ... The historical abuse of the broken rating system by the leading clans. 

Clan leaders have had enough of the cheating, because that's what Metallica has b ...[text shortened]... is ignore challenges from Metallica ... they are all loaded, always have been, and always will be ..
    I think that it would make perfect sense to have a seperate rating for clan matches, then if there is any suspicion of manipulation it can put to bed.
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 12:46
    @mghrnss said
    @medullah

Clan leaders have had enough of the cheating, because that's what Metallica has b ...[text shortened]... is ignore challenges from Metallica ... they are all loaded, always have been, and always will be ..
    It says on your profile you only joined the site last week.
    If this is true and you've not been a member previously I would question what you know about Metallica's tactics over the years.
    They readily admit to proposing lop sided challenges in their favour.
    What leaders need to do is propose counter challenges to attempt to redress the balance instead of blindly accepting them.
    If this fails, then just delete them
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jan '23 14:281 edit
    @venda said
    It says on your profile you only joined the site last week.
    If this is true and you've not been a member previously I would question what you know about Metallica's tactics over the years.
    They readily admit to proposing lop sided challenges in their favour.
    What leaders need to do is propose counter challenges to attempt to redress the balance instead of blindly accepting them.
    If this fails, then just delete them
    In my opinion you are correct.

It is just that simple Clan Leaders can bounce it back with changes, or just ignore the challenge. Metallica has said that for years. It appears like cheating going on when it is just clan Leaders not knowing what they are doing or just accepting because it is the easier option for them. It is human nature, everyone is going to try and get an advantage if possible.

-VR
  13. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    25 Jan '23 15:24
    That’s very true; it’s down to the leaders to check the challenges for the benefit of their team.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Jan '23 17:56
    @medullah said
    That’s very true; it’s down to the leaders to check the challenges for the benefit of their team.
    The very nature of clan challenge set up is the negotiation itself.
    That is why the response mechanism is there.
    To quote an old saying .......
    You don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate.
  15. Standard memberEndLame
    👌
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 04:461 edit
    Either implement a separate rating for clan games or stop whining about the clan feature dying.

That would stop unfair matchups with people who lose regular games thus bringing their rating down so they can win more clan games against easier opposition.

Then after that you would have to stop teams from resigning games once they see the challenge has already been won.

Fix that or...

Keep whining about it and eventually the clan feature dies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree