1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 22:001 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    mctayto,
    What the hell is wrong with turnips? I love turnip, what is you problem with them?

Regards,
    -VR
    I just realised. We have it all wrong. If he's really a Scot, he's in fact paying me a compliment.

Look at his name. McTayto. Obviously alluding to potatoes. What do the Scots love alongside their national dish? Neeps and Tatties! The two are inseparable!

He's actually declaring his love for turnips, and he seems to associate them with me for some weird reason known only to himself! So he's actually in love with me!

Ah, Jack, Jack, I didn't know you cared! 🙂 😀
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 22:36
    Originally posted by Startreader
    He's obsessed with weird things. I agree, VR, nothing like a good turnip from time to time. Perhaps he got scared by the tale of The Enormous Turnip when he was little. If his literary education got that far!
    I wouldn't necessarily call you weird but can understand how you may think that.
    I would call you a lying, two faced, twisted git though.
    I also refer to you fondly by your root vegetable appearance
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 22:38
    Originally posted by Startreader
    I just realised. We have it all wrong. If he's really a Scot, he's in fact paying me a compliment.

Look at his name. McTayto. Obviously alluding to potatoes. What do the Scots love alongside their national dish? Neeps and Tatties! The two are inseparable!

He's actually declaring his love for turnips, and he seems to associate them with me for som ...[text shortened]... to himself! So he's actually in love with me!

Ah, Jack, Jack, I didn't know you cared! 🙂 😀
    I assure you my feelings toward you are as far from your flawed reasoning and in fact as far as turnip goes it can only be truly appreciated when mashed within an inch of it's existence
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 22:41
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I assure you my feelings toward you are as far from your flawed reasoning and in fact as far as turnip goes it can only be truly appreciated when mashed within an inch of it's existence
    Bless you! Grammar letting you down again? Or too much of your late night national beverage accompanying the neeps & tatties?
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 01:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 08:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    My dear old, there are levels of understanding. Lemondrop has the understanding of a Zen Master, look how with his light touch with the chess pieces he left not a trace as he effortlessly overcame his opponent by a strategy of gentle disengagement.
    The PGN shows he lost the game 1-0. That's just gutless.
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 08:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The PGN shows he lost the game 1-0. That's just gutless.
    In the small confines of your mind you see the game as a loss
    but I lost nothing
    all my pieces returned safely standing tall
    awaiting the onslaught that never happened

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree