Come join McNamara's Band, Clan 25435; we play at wakes and weddings ♫
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:20
    Originally posted by arbeider
    Come join McNamara's Band, Clan 25435; we play at wakes and weddings ♫
    You've challenged the best clan on this site and you also challenged my clan. You're obviously a man of taste. 🙂 I'm afraid I cannot accept your challenge at this time, but once our players get some current games out of the way, I'll challenge you back.
  3. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 12:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You've challenged the best clan on this site and you also challenged my clan. You're obviously a man of taste. 🙂 I'm afraid I cannot accept your challenge at this time, but once our players get some current games out of the way, I'll challenge you back.
    Looking forward to the battle - thank you
  4. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 16:43
    There is a tale about these two shoe salesmen who travel to a third world country in search of new business opportunities.

One man calls his wife the moment he lands, telling her, “Honey, I’m coming back home. There’s no hope here. Nobody here is wearing shoes, so there’s no one to sell to.” He boards the next flight home.

The second man calls his wife and says, “Honey, you wouldn’t believe what I found here. There is so much opportunity. No one here is wearing shoes. I can sell to the whole country!”

There’s opportunity everywhere. When we have a consciousness of expecting the magic to happen, it will happen. We’ll find the right people, we’ll move in the right circles, we’ll ‘bump’ into the right solutions. It all starts with that opening in the mind.

Come join McNamara's Band, Clan 25435.
  5. Joined
    25 Feb '16
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 20:18
    I hope it's two different wives.
  6. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 20:171 edit
    Help Wanted: Inquire Within
  7. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 May '16 11:45
    McNamara's Band is starting the ascendancy toward Page 1 and there is a spot for you; please inquire within.
  8. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 15:11
    Last moved 35 days 4 hours and 34 minutes ago

That would be a now former McNamara's Band clan member 😞

9. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 22:13
    As long as I am running my mouth in the forum this week, might as well bump this. Any intelligence level welcome.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '16 21:351 edit
    As long as I am running my mouth in the forum this week, might as well bump this. Any intelligence level welcome.
    Sir,
    I wish you the best of luck with that! Here some help with bump.
    Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  11. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    09 Jul '16 21:461 edit
    Last moved 35 days 4 hours and 34 minutes ago

That would be a now former McNamara's Band clan member 😞

sometimes things happen
    has this player contacted you?
    or you him?

edit: I booted a player once who had not moved for a couple months and timing out several games
    later found out he had been sick
    felt bad
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '16 21:582 edits
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    sometimes things happen
    or you him?

edit: I booted a player once who had not moved for a couple months and timing out several games
    felt bad
    Yes, this exact thing happened to me. I wound up in hospital was able to get my Vacation flag up on RHP, but on another site I did not. I timed out in a bunch of games and the Captain booted me off the team. I came back explained the situation and he too felt bad about booting me and re-instated me.

I can understand why he booted me though. I probably would have done the same thing, had I been him. The team also understood.

-VR
  13. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    09 Jul '16 22:58
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    sometimes things happen
    or you him?

felt bad
    No contact. He left the site (and timed out a bunch of clan games). He is no longer a member, two months here and gone.

If he is not a member after only two months - he must have contacted Feedback and asked to be removed. Otherwise his membership would still be up even with him not moving.

I think he has had past identities (me too) and hopefully he comes back in some carnate. Good chap.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '16 23:24
    No contact. He left the site (and timed out a bunch of clan games). He is no longer a member, two months here and gone.

If he is not a member after only two months - he must have contacted Feedback and asked to be removed. Otherwise his membership would still be up even with him not moving.

I think he has had past identities (me too) and hopefully he comes back in some carnate. Good chap.
    Sir,
    I believe we have many on here with with more than one identity. Just my humble opinion. Call it a gut feeling if you will. 😉
    Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  15. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 00:05
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    I believe we have many on here with with more than one identity. Just my humble opinion. Call it a gut feeling if you will. 😉
    Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    Lifelong personal morality (ethics?) is a river traveled with many whirlpools.

Is it ethicly acceptable to begin playing here after a time away and introduce a new identity? Is that behaviour acceptable by the community? I believe it is as long as both identities are not active at the same time. That is my Interweb chess website personal code of ethics. 😕

Some will disagree. Some will ask why. At my age I never ask why anymore. I have enough friends and have seen enough of life to know you rarely get an honest answer to the question “why”. I don’t mean intentional dishonesty; I mean “the truth” can be a wraith in the shadows inside even the most honorable.

For others, truth is a long lost cousin, haven’t seen the guy in years.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree