1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Apr '23 20:16
    It is with heavy heart that we pass on the news that Mghrn55 has passed away. He had been fighting colon cancer and had been in the hospital for most of the last month. Mike was a good guy and he will be missed.

RIP Mike (Mghrn55)
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Apr '23 20:321 edit
    @shortcircuit said
    It is with heavy heart that we pass on the news that Mghrn55 has passed away. He had been fighting colon cancer and had been in the hospital for most of the last month. Mike was a good guy and he will be missed.

RIP Mike (Mghrn55)
    I'm lost for words here. My Condolences to his family and you and his/your Clan. So sorry to hear of his passing.

-VR
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '23 20:401 edit
    I am continually in awe of the effort committed by all successful clan leaders and Mike was amazing at driving us forward. Mike’s attention to detail was nothing short of extraordinary.
    Thank you Mike for that.

Thank you also for your support and being personally connected by phone during challenging moments; I still have your WhatsApp connection in my phone with your profile pic. And although we only knew each other superficially, our connection was genuine and warm.

RIP Sir.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Apr '23 22:43
    What kind of a gutless twit gives a thumbs down to someone who passed away?
    What a spineless turd you are.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '23 07:44
    @shortcircuit said
    Or thumbs down others passing on condolences.
    What kind of sad existence do these people inhabit.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Apr '23 10:451 edit
    @shortcircuit said

RIP Mike (Mghrn55)
    I didn't know the man personally,and have never played him at chess,but I regularly read his posts on this forum and they gave me the impression he was a nice chap.
    It's sad when someone you know,if only vaguely passes.
    My condolences also, and a perfect example for scrapping the stupid thumb system.
    As I have said before.I think it's inappropriate for a serious sites
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    30 Apr '23 14:57
    @shortcircuit said
    A$$holes to the end
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '23 18:201 edit
    @venda said
    My condolences also, and a perfect example for scrapping the stupid thumb system.
    As I have said before.I think it's inappropriate for a serious sites
    Thread 196081

Your are completely correct Venda.
    Ignore the car-crash thread I’ve linked but you can see my OP itself and you can post your own support for modifying the thumbing feature by starting a new one in site ideas or by sending private feedback to Russ.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '23 19:061 edit
    @divegeester

Lets not make this about something you been trying to get for many months now. This is about your Clan Leader and fellow Clanmate who unfortunately passed away. Lets keep this thread where it belongs about M55 leaving us far too early.

-VR
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '23 19:121 edit
    @very-rusty said
    @divegeester

Lets not make this about something you been trying to get for many months now. This is about your Clan Leader and fellow Clanmate who unfortunately passed away. Lets keep this thread where it belongs about M55 leaving us far too early.

-VR
    No need for silly virtue signalling.

The subtopic of people giving red thumbs in this thread, about a passing member of this community, has been pertinent since the first red thumb and mentioned by at least four posters so far.

It typifies the crassness, smallness and online disinhibition of certain people here and I for one, and clearly several others, feel it should not go unmentioned in this thread. It’s disgraceful.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '23 19:291 edit
    @divegeester said
    No need for silly virtue signalling.

The subtopic of people giving red thumbs in this thread, about a passing member of this community, has been pertinent since the first red thumb and mentioned by at least four posters so far.

It typifies the crassness, smallness and online disinhibition of certain people here and I for one, and clearly several others, feel it should not go unmentioned in this thread. It’s disgraceful.
    I don't condone the red thumbs, but don't make it about getting rid of them because it suits what you've been after along with Venda for many months now.

You want to get off of the topic of M55's passing and go after your own vendetta about red thumbs, you're the one showing no respect for his passing. Again I don't condone the red thumbs. Lets keep this about M55. I am not going to let you turn it into your own little personal vendetta of getting rid of the red thumbs.

-VR
  12. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    30 Apr '23 21:17
    @shortcircuit said

RIP Mike (Mghrn55)
    @Shortcircuit

This hit me harder than I thought. I never disliked Mike we just disagreed and at times had some funny jabs. My heart is absolutely broken for his family, and it's a shame because it always seems like the good pass first and early.

I always liked Mike and his family is in my prayers. I know what it is like to have cancer and have your family suffer while you suffer with the disease.

I wish I had known I could have spoken with him. To all his friends, and his family, my prayers go out to them and I hope they make it through this okay or as best they can. Mike was a really good man and he will be missed by all who knew him. I just found this out ten minutes ago. Fred I am so sorry for your loss of your friend. My heart goes out to you and all RHP players who were friends with Mike.

Sincerely,

Michael
  13. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    30 Apr '23 22:10
    @shortcircuit said
    I was thinking the same thing. I think that is crossing the line and they should be known by everyone who put those red thumbs in there on such a sensitive topic.

Absolute Cowards.

It's nice to see so many saying nice things.
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 May '23 09:48
    @shortcircuit said

RIP Mike (Mghrn55)
    Absolutely shocked by his passing. Did not know him personally but always felt he was a great and interesting guy. The clan system won't be the same without his witty postings and strong leadership. R.I.P. champion. Your clan will miss you a lot. Hopefully they'll go on to win this year in your honour.
  15. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    01 May '23 12:34
    RIP Mike

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree