1. SubscriberVESPIN
    All For Fun
    United States
    Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    66393
    17 Apr '18 00:32
    I am hoping I did not offend a player by offering a draw? We finished the game, and it was just my king and my opponents king. I offered the draw and he did not take it. It is okay I don't mind. But It's confusing? lol Shouldn't the system just declare it a draw? Plus If I offer a draw and nobody can win, doesn't either the system or the player have to accept? So as of right now, there are two kings on the board, my draw was declined, and the game still going.

    Yes I know I suck at chess. Can anyone help here? Hope everyone is well.

    Michael
  2. Standard memberkrieghoff
    Carrobie was here
    JW Watchtower, NY
    Joined
    18 Feb '12
    Moves
    8809
    17 Apr '18 00:43
    Hah. A bit of karma returning to the 'Robbie Lovers". Cluck cluck !
  3. SubscriberVESPIN
    All For Fun
    United States
    Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    66393
    17 Apr '18 05:40
    Originally posted by @krieghoff
    Hah. A bit of karma returning to the 'Robbie Lovers". Cluck cluck !
    seriously? This is karma? A draw? And all because I had a harmless question? lol lol Okay. I am glad it gave you a laugh. 🙂 If it made you smile it made me happy. Have a good day. All my best.....

    Sincerely,
    Michael
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    134835
    17 Apr '18 16:17
    Originally posted by @vespin
    I am hoping I did not offend a player by offering a draw? We finished the game, and it was just my king and my opponents king. I offered the draw and he did not take it. It is okay I don't mind. But It's confusing? lol Shouldn't the system just declare it a draw? Plus If I offer a draw and nobody can win, doesn't either the system or the player have t ...[text shortened]... going.

    Yes I know I suck at chess. Can anyone help here? Hope everyone is well.

    Michael
    You can claim a draw.
  5. Joined
    12 Nov '05
    Moves
    139425
    18 Apr '18 19:51
    Originally posted by @vespin
    I am hoping I did not offend a player by offering a draw? We finished the game, and it was just my king and my opponents king. I offered the draw and he did not take it. It is okay I don't mind. But It's confusing? lol Shouldn't the system just declare it a draw? Plus If I offer a draw and nobody can win, doesn't either the system or the player have t ...[text shortened]... going.

    Yes I know I suck at chess. Can anyone help here? Hope everyone is well.

    Michael
    In the game you can click claim draw and it will go automatically
  6. SubscriberVESPIN
    All For Fun
    United States
    Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    66393
    19 Apr '18 01:57
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    You can claim a draw.
    Thank you.... 🙂 It took a few more moves then finally "claim draw" showed up and I grabbed it. Thanks again for letting me know.

    Michael
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    All For Fun
    United States
    Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    66393
    19 Apr '18 01:59
    Originally posted by @silverstriker
    In the game you can click claim draw and it will go automatically
    Thank you to 🙂 It finally worked out. I appreciate the people who offered help. Much appreciated.

    Sincerely,
    Michael
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    341519
    20 Apr '18 09:46
    Originally posted by @vespin
    I am hoping I did not offend a player by offering a draw? We finished the game, and it was just my king and my opponents king. I offered the draw and he did not take it. It is okay I don't mind. But It's confusing? lol Shouldn't the system just declare it a draw? Plus If I offer a draw and nobody can win, doesn't either the system or the player have t ...[text shortened]... going.

    Yes I know I suck at chess. Can anyone help here? Hope everyone is well.

    Michael
    Depends what he's playing on.
    If I am on laptop I can see draw being offered
    Butvifcplsying on phone I can't see draw offer unless I scroll down
    Offer only appears agreed I hit submit move by then it's too late
    One possible reason orcmsybe he was hoping for a timeout.
    I think that's why it's not an automatic draw. It has to be claimed.
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    58569
    20 Apr '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Depends what he's playing on.
    If I am on laptop I can see draw being offered
    Butvifcplsying on phone I can't see draw offer unless I scroll down
    Offer only appears agreed I hit submit move by then it's too late
    One possible reason orcmsybe he was hoping for a timeout.
    I think that's why it's not an automatic draw. It has to be claimed.
    Yes , if the system checked every move in every game for an automatically drawn position, it would require quite a lot of coding .
    However, if a check is only made when a draw is claimed that's a lot less work.
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    134835
    20 Apr '18 16:411 edit
    Originally posted by @venda
    Yes , if the system checked every move in every game for an automatically drawn position, it would require quite a lot of coding .
    However, if a check is only made when a draw is claimed that's a lot less work.
    Algorithms are written into site software.

    K vs K is easy.
    K and (B or N) vs K is also easy.
    As is 3 repetitive positions.
    Site has rules for draw claim in FAQ's I believe.
  11. SubscriberVESPIN
    All For Fun
    United States
    Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    66393
    20 Apr '18 19:38
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Depends what he's playing on.
    If I am on laptop I can see draw being offered
    Butvifcplsying on phone I can't see draw offer unless I scroll down
    Offer only appears agreed I hit submit move by then it's too late
    One possible reason orcmsybe he was hoping for a timeout.
    I think that's why it's not an automatic draw. It has to be claimed.
    Thank you Roma... I learned a few new things in here. All this time I did not know it had to be claimed, I was waiting for the system to just give the draw. But your right. You have to claim it. Who is giving us all a thumbs down on such a simple thread???? lol lol I have my own personal stalker. lol Thank you and to everyone who helped out. 🙂

    Michael
  12. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    341519
    21 Apr '18 09:12
    Originally posted by @vespin
    Thank you Roma... I learned a few new things in here. All this time I did not know it had to be claimed, I was waiting for the system to just give the draw. But your right. You have to claim it. Who is giving us all a thumbs down on such a simple thread???? lol lol I have my own personal stalker. lol Thank you and to everyone who helped out. 🙂

    Michael
    My day is ruined if I don't gets thumbs down.😉
  13. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    58569
    21 Apr '18 15:04
    Originally posted by @roma45
    My day is ruined if I don't gets thumbs down.😉
    I don't usually do the thumbs thing, but I'll make an exception
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    341519
    21 Apr '18 16:06
    Originally posted by @venda
    I don't usually do the thumbs thing, but I'll make an exception
    You were always going to thumb down
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8520
    22 Apr '18 15:121 edit
    Originally posted by @roma45
    My day is ruined if I don't gets thumbs down.😉
    Disguised as an aubergine, Ghost sneaks in to deliver the goods.


    🙂
Back to Top