Seriously that makes no sense.
  2. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 15:12
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Seriously that makes no sense.
    I haven't been in here for a long while. And I am certainly not going to engage in insults anymore. Plus I keep my word, and I know you do to despite how you feel about me. My question is, does it occur to anyone in here, and I'm not including you, that everyone is still talking about Robbie and Mctayto? Two men despite what everyone says, everyone is still talking about them as though they have nothing else to talk about.

I saw some mention of people being upset with the clan system. Russ made a ton of changes and did what the few on this site asked for.

No system will be perfect. No matter what you do. In any case, would it not be better with these two men back in here playing? I still don't think it is fair that Mctayto was released when he had done nothing that Metallica players and many other people had done. If the match is won, they would quit.

I recently had to quit a ton of tournament games because I don't want to time out in my clan games even though I only a few left. But as you have said, I suck at chess. I am a 1200 player and maybe with practice a 1400's player.

So my rating means nothing. Clans Know my ability and play me accordingly. It just seems that since everyone still talks about Robbie and McTayto it would be more fun with them. I have no clue what Robbie did, but I cant imagine it can be that bad that ego's were involved to the point of banning him.

I have seen people post horrible things about Russ and they are still in the forums. Robbie could have not said anything so horrible that he cant play. McTayto should have been given a chance to at least play under the new rules. In the end it is much more fun with the people everyone talks about, and if for nothing else, it's good banter back and forth for everyone.

I know you called for Robbie to come back I think with your thread. I thought that was great. I would love to see Mac back no matter how some people feel. I don't think he will ever come back anyway. He is having to much fun in his own life. But me personally, this site is no where the same without him. And I would like it if Robbie was back.

Do I think it is statistically possible for one clan to win every single year? No. Anyone understanding math knows this is not possible. There are really great leaders in this site, and they know how to run a clan. But this is an old argument and honestly I don't care anymore.

I would like to See Robbie and Mactayo back. I saw people talking about Lemondrop. Placing aside the personal stuff that has been thrown back and forth. He runs his clan clean, and he doesn't cheat. He plays everyone. Has anyone looked at how much time and hard work he has put into playing? I wish I could play that much.

Do you think Robbie and Mac should really be banned? I thought you were against banning someone? I could be wrong, so please don't quote me. And I am certainly not starting an argument with you or anyone. Just rambling on about how things are boring with out them. Hope you and your family are well.

Question? Why is Padger so angry? This is a man who I really respect and runs a great clan and he puts fair challenges out there. He hates my guts but makes no difference to me. But people seem to be getting on him as well? Why would anyone go after a man with that kind of integrity?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by @padger
    Well
    You all fell for that one
    I had to check the callender to make sure it wasn't April 1
    LOL....Really? You didn't know what month/day it was? Potatoe Head wouldn't be the brightest bulb in room. Don't follow him down that path or you will have to deal with the consequences.

-VR
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 15:51
    Originally posted by @vespin
    I haven't been in here for a long while. And I am certainly not going to engage in insults anymore. Plus I keep my word, and I know you do to despite how you feel about me. My question is, does it occur to anyone in here, and I'm not including you, that everyone is still talking about Robbie and Mctayto? Two men despite what everyone says, everyone is still ...[text shortened]... seem to be getting on him as well? Why would anyone go after a man with that kind of integrity?
    Robbie and mctayto are only mentioned When someone starts a daft thread about them.
    It would be rude not to reply to the insane rambling of mctayto.
    The guy obviously has no life .( In my opinion) and lurks about here for some unknown reason
    Robbie is banned for whatever he said to admin that bridge is burnt. Can't say he was not warned.
    Mctayto should not have been banned. But admin should have fixed the collusion when it started without a vote nonsense.
    Points removal has happened before the whole easy riders saga began if it had of been stopped right away then we would not have wasted 18 waiting for justice.

Robbie and mctayto could still have been playing if they were not caught cheating harsh but true.

Lemon is a sand bagger who preys on easy victims for his lame clan
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 16:32
    Originally posted by @vespin
    I haven't been in here for a long while. And I am certainly not going to engage in insults anymore. Plus I keep my word, and I know you do to despite how you feel about me. My question is, does it occur to anyone in here, and I'm not including you, that everyone is still talking about Robbie and Mctayto? Two men despite what everyone says, everyone is still ...[text shortened]... seem to be getting on him as well? Why would anyone go after a man with that kind of integrity?
    Nobody was talking about Robbie or McTayto.
    Until someone started a thread about him.
    You could have started a thread about Metallica.
    And the posting would have been underway just the same.

For the record I did not ask for anyone to be banned.
    That was admin's judgement.
    Robbie's ban was between Robbie and site administration.

I and many others just wanted the 2016 mess cleaned up.

One final comment.
    Saying that McTayto's actions were no different from Metallica players is false.

McTayto tossed games that contributed to the outcome of challenges.
    And there were many games.
    Russ listed them.

Metallica players played to win every challenge.
    If any games were resigned early, it was because the challenge outcome was already decided.
    And in a player basis, the player usually resigning the game had already won the other game against that opponent.
    Meaning that there is no rating change for either player because the games were split.
    Meaning that the accusations of sandbagging have no validity.

I personally don't toss games at any time. I will resign games that I am already losing or offer my opponent a draw in games that are relatively close if the challenge has been decided.
    Either way my rating is not being manipulated because of this.
    Because resigning a game I'm going to lose anyways does not change my rating.
    Nor do draws change a player's rating significantly if the two players are equally matched.

There is nothing wrong with a clan trying to close out the side of challenges won or lost in order to create new challenges with the same clan.

This is because of the limitation of three challenges between any two clans that was necessitated because of the collusion between the four Clans in 2016.

So my message to the complainers is this.
    The colluders made this bed, they should learn how to sleep in it.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 19:16
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Nobody was talking about Robbie or McTayto.
    Until someone started a thread about him.
    You could have started a thread about Metallica.
    And the posting would have been underway just the same.

For the record I did not ask for anyone to be banned.
    That was admin's judgement.
    Robbie's ban was between Robbie and site administration.

I and many others ...[text shortened]... to the complainers is this.
    The colluders made this bed, they should learn how to sleep in it.
    Well said!

I would like to add that I was one of the members that said Robbie should be banned just for the way he was talking to the admins...especially Russ in the public forum. We all KNOW what Robbie did was very wrong. As an old friend I tried to talk him out of it but to no avail. His obsession with Metallica was his biggest problem that I know about, although I suspect other problems he may have had in his life.

Mctayto was just along for the ride and doing his best to help Robbie, but he too was doing under handed things such as resigning games, sometimes in won positions...After 3 moves was just frowned about by the whole community.

-VR
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 21:301 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Well said!

I would like to add that I was one of the members that said Robbie should be banned just for the way he was talking to the admins...especially Russ in the public forum. We all KNOW what Robbie did was very wrong. As an old friend I tried to talk him out of it but to no avail. His obsession with Metallica was his biggest problem that I know ...[text shortened]... sometimes in won positions...After 3 moves was just frowned about by the whole community.

-VR
    Actually, Rusty, although you may be correct in respect of McTayto and clans, he did a lot more than just being along for the ride.

Beyond everything to do with Clans he indulged in an astonishing degree of malice, and with another player (no prizes for guessing who) even did his best to cause real harm and damage in the world offline.

But failed. 😀

A most unpleasant individual, his friend too.

Best gone.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Nov '17 00:00
    Originally posted by @startreader
    Actually, Rusty, although you may be correct in respect of McTayto and clans, he did a lot more than just being along for the ride.

Beyond everything to do with Clans he indulged in an astonishing degree of malice, and with another player (no prizes for guessing who) even did his best to cause real harm and damage in the world offline.

But failed. 😀

A most unpleasant individual, his friend too.

Best gone.
    startreader,

I stand corrected as there are things which happened I was unaware of.

-VR
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Nov '17 06:42
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    startreader,

I stand corrected as there are things which happened I was unaware of.

-VR
    No problem, Rusty! I just wanted to widen the picture.

There are things best not said in the open forum. 🙂
  10. Here
    Moves
    15 Nov '17 08:47
    It's amazing how you all get together and condemn Robbie for what he did and yet you are all unable to see the injustice of a clan that loses one game in a multi player challenge
    Gets treated the same as a clan that doesn't win a game
    Unbelievable
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    15 Nov '17 13:12
    It's amazing how you all get together and condemn Robbie for what he did and yet you are all unable to see the injustice of a clan that loses one game in a multi player challenge
    Gets treated the same as a clan that doesn't win a game
    Unbelievable
    Life is not fair.
    In a game if football 10 players can be in top of their game. But end up losing because the keeper has a nightmare.
    Clan games are the same. Might not seem fair to you but in every team game in the world the team suffers if a player does not pull his weight.
    I am baffled why you can't understand that.
  12. Here
    Moves
    15 Nov '17 14:52
    Life is not fair.
    In a game if football 10 players can be in top of their game. But end up losing because the keeper has a nightmare.
    Clan games are the same. Might not seem fair to you but in every team game in the world the team suffers if a player does not pull his weight.
    I am baffled why you can't understand that.
    They might lose but they do not get deducted points
  13. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    15 Nov '17 16:17
    They might lose but they do not get deducted points
    Again you are missing the point.

It's the same for EVERY TEAM.

Rules of the game don't like them don't play. Problem solved
  14. Here
    Moves
    15 Nov '17 17:181 edit
    Again you are missing the point.

It's the same for EVERY TEAM.

Rules of the game don't like them don't play. Problem solved
    It is not the same for every team
    If you only play one man challenges it reduces the stupid system to nothing
    Ask Charming Billie
    Surely the whole idea of the clan challenge system was to promote big challenges
    If this is not changed you might as well pack the whole thing up
  15. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    15 Nov '17 20:10
    It is not the same for every team
    If you only play one man challenges it reduces the stupid system to nothing
    Ask Charming Billie
    Surely the whole idea of the clan challenge system was to promote big challenges
    If this is not changed you might as well pack the whole thing up
    Big challenges seldom happen and it's nothing to do with the scoring system.
    Since last January when the 200 rating buffer was introduced.
    A 20 v 20 or even a 10 v 10 will never happen anymore.
    Another side effect caused by the sisters

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree