Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clans Forum

Clans Forum

  1. Standard member Steve45
    Garry Kasparov
    27 Mar '16 11:33 / 1 edit
    I thought a new rule came in, that no more than three challenges could be going on at the same time. Either I was dreaming it, or it's not being enforced. Anyone got the answer.
  2. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    27 Mar '16 12:43 / 1 edit
    The system does not allow more than 3 in progress at any one time (Due to Metallica crying to Russ)
    If you have found more than 3 in progress between 2 clans then check the start date as if these were commenced pre new rule then they will not be affected.
    I have to wonder though why this would be of interest to a member that appears to steer clear of clan membership ?
  3. Standard member Steve45
    Garry Kasparov
    27 Mar '16 15:23
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    The system does not allow more than 3 in progress at any one time (Due to Metallica crying to Russ)
    If you have found more than 3 in progress between 2 clans then check the start date as if these were commenced pre new rule then they will not be affected.
    I have to wonder though why this would be of interest to a member that appears to steer clear of clan membership ?
    Up till three days ago, I was a Clan member (The English Clan). But with all the cheating (players like yourself who throw games, for a reason I will never understand) and tongue lashing that goes on, I sadly decided to get out, Hope that answer's your question.
  4. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    27 Mar '16 19:10
    Originally posted by Steve45
    Up till three days ago, I was a Clan member (The English Clan). But with all the cheating (players like yourself who throw games, for a reason I will never understand) and tongue lashing that goes on, I sadly decided to get out, Hope that answer's your question.
    You are misinformed as I have never thrown a clan gam.
    I do concur that cheating exists however but the powers that be seem not to be bothered by Metallica and Wycombe cheating.
  5. 27 Mar '16 19:25
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    You are misinformed as I have never thrown a clan gam.
    I do concur that cheating exists however but the powers that be seem not to be bothered by Metallica and Wycombe cheating.
    You do throw a lot of tournament games.
    You enter many tournaments and then resign every game en-masse !!
    After you have taken a spot in the tournament away from another paying subscriber !!
    Someone who may have wanted to enter the tournament and actually play some chess !!

    I've seen Lemonhead do the same thing.
    That can only hurt the subscriber base of this chess site.

    And admin may want to do something about this.
    Maybe by showing you clowns the door !!
  6. Standard member Steve45
    Garry Kasparov
    27 Mar '16 19:26
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    You are misinformed as I have never thrown a clan gam.
    I do concur that cheating exists however but the powers that be seem not to be bothered by Metallica and Wycombe cheating.
    I didn't say clan games in particular. I said that you have thrown games. Surely your not going to deny it are you?
  7. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    28 Mar '16 02:34
    McTayo played a fair game once many years ago. He lost. It was against a Metallica player. He got his ass whipped. He's has had a grudge ever since.
  8. Subscriber my2sons
    Retired
    28 Mar '16 18:50
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    You are misinformed as I have never thrown a clan gam.
    I do concur that cheating exists however but the powers that be seem not to be bothered by Metallica and Wycombe cheating.
    This I just have to hear, how is Wycombe cheating?

    By the way congrats on the 8 thumbs down on your post, not one thumbs up. haha
  9. Subscriber lemondrop
    The Art of War
    28 Mar '16 20:42
    Originally posted by my2sons
    This I just have to hear, how is Wycombe cheating?

    By the way congrats on the 8 thumbs down on your post, not one thumbs up. haha
    when you Metallica flunkies vote as a block it's only one vote
    you robots just can't think for yourselves
    I surprised there weren't 19
    I guess goober is a little slow this time
  10. Subscriber my2sons
    Retired
    28 Mar '16 23:40
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    when you Metallica flunkies vote as a block it's only one vote
    you robots just can't think for yourselves
    I surprised there weren't 19
    I guess goober is a little slow this time
    Still waiting to hear how the Wycombe Clan cheats. Silence of the idiots.
  11. Subscriber lemondrop
    The Art of War
    28 Mar '16 23:45
    Originally posted by my2sons
    Still waiting to hear how the Wycombe Clan cheats. Silence of the idiots.
    don't ask me
    I never accused them of cheating
  12. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    29 Mar '16 20:20
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    when you Metallica vote as a block it's only one vote
    you robots just can't think for yourselves
    I surprised there weren't 19
    I guess goober is a little slow this time
    Something you have to understand is that not all Metallica do thumbs up or down, the only ones who most likely do are those of us who you actually see posting. Most in our clan don't even bother reading the forums, they just play chess! Personally I don't always put a thumbs up or down, but don't have a problem saying when I do either, just ask me.
    Sincerely,
    Kind Regards,
    -VR