1. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 16:29
    It must be recognized, that a serious clanranking is dead. No, it is wrong, there have never exist a serious one.

The ranking is a vegatable-basket (to compare apples with oranges). The Dilemma is all of us know them, but we have just fun in the past. The fun has be gone with the time and rules came. But the rules didn't make it better.

To get a serious ranking by the rules, you must play clanleague. But have no hope, there exists a lot of chessmachines behind a lot of players. A truth that make a great sleep over the clanleague, only a few clans still play there.

It is a joke, some players believe, that there must be equal conditions to all, also the strength of the opponement. In real live you allways play against the best players of a team. Also you must play against the same teams in a season and each Team have the same number of games to play.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 19:52
    Originally posted by Johannes Goethe
    It must be recognized, that a serious clanranking is dead. No, it is wrong, there have never exist a serious one.

The ranking is a vegatable-basket (to compare apples with oranges). The Dilemma is all of us know them, but we have just fun in the past. The fun has be gone with the time and rules came. But the rules didn't make it better.

To get ...[text shortened]... ust play against the same teams in a season and each Team have the same number of games to play.
    There's nothing new here Johannes and I agree with all you say.
    The admins have made some effort to redress the problems with the clan system but I'm afraid there may not be a solution
  3. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 20:31
    Originally posted by venda
    There's nothing new here Johannes and I agree with all you say.
    The admins have made some effort to redress the problems with the clan system but I'm afraid there may not be a solution
    The way forward for clans could the leagues rebooted ( currently dying a death) but requires fairer match ups, I gave up after few seasons as everyone enters their top rated so was difficult to compete, maybe leagues with rating bands such as the touries could work
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 20:36
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    The way forward for clans could the leagues rebooted ( currently dying a death) but requires fairer match ups, I gave up after few seasons as everyone enters their top rated so was difficult to compete, maybe leagues with rating bands such as the touries could work
    Wouldn't that approach and outlook make it all extremely elitist, not to say exclusive.

On an Internet site, isn't a more inclusive approach better?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 21:36
    Originally posted by Startreader
    Wouldn't that approach and outlook make it all extremely elitist, not to say exclusive.

On an Internet site, isn't a more inclusive approach better?
    proposals have been made by numerous individuals, let admin implement them and it will become fairer.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 21:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    proposals have been made by numerous individuals, let admin implement them and it will become fairer.
    Robbie,

I hate to be the one to inform you, but you are certainly not the Poster Boy for fairness in the game!!

-VR
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 22:17
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Robbie,

I hate to be the one to inform you, but you are certainly not the Poster Boy for fairness in the game!!

-VR
    One could always count on some dullard to make what might have been a fruitful discussion personal. See your judgemental - finger pointing - moralizing over other people Crusty, its like soooooo two centuries ago.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 22:582 edits
    One could always count on some dullard to make what might have been a fruitful discussion personal. See your judgemental - finger pointing - moralizing over other people Crusty, its like soooooo two centuries ago.
    Robbie,

Are you going senile? You were involved with the collusion and cheating going on just this year. Jesus will be your judge not I !!! You are suppose to be JW, yet you lie, cheat, and steal!!! Your brother and sister JW's would be proud of your actions on this site I am sure!!!

-VR
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 00:14
    Oh look !!
    A post by an arsonist coming back to the scene to help put out the fire !!
    🙄🙄🙄🙄
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 00:17
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Robbie,

Are you going senile? You were involved with the collusion and cheating going on just this year. Jesus will be your judge not I !!! You are suppose to be JW, yet you lie, cheat, and steal!!! Your brother and sister JW's would be proud of your actions on this site I am sure!!!

-VR
    And he sees Metallica every time he looks in the mirror.
    Poor soul !!
    Maybe the ministry should send him door to door handing out Watchtower magazines !!

A cleansing might do him some good. 😛
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 01:16
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    And he sees Metallica every time he looks in the mirror.
    Poor soul !!
    Maybe the ministry should send him door to door handing out Watchtower magazines !!

A cleansing might do him some good. 😛
    mghrn55

Yes, or perhaps an intervention is needed, so he can be put on the right path again. He may have bigger issues than even we know! Sometimes I find myself feeling sorry for him, then think about what he has done to ruin the Clan Challenges so many of us loved.

VR
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 21:12
    robbie and the 3 sisters are to blame for killing the clan chess.

Russ is to blame for not stepping up and fixing the problem.
    He selectively chooses when he wants to be involved.
    He forgets, but we never will.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    robbie and the 3 sisters are to blame for killing the clan chess.

Russ is to blame for not stepping up and fixing the problem.
    He selectively chooses when he wants to be involved.
    He forgets, but we never will.
  14. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 22:30
    What a mess in this thread ! How can anybody surprised, that there will nothing happend to become a good end for clan-challenges!
    Go to the daily work and change nothing; take the mud of the ground and throw it in the face on the other side.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 06:48
    Originally posted by Johannes Goethe
    What a mess in this thread ! How can anybody surprised, that there will nothing happend to become a good end for clan-challenges!
    Go to the daily work and change nothing; take the mud of the ground and throw it in the face on the other side.
    Maybe you'd feel more comfortable in the Only Chess Forum, Johannes Goethe.

This one has a rather unique style, enjoyed by its participants but maybe not by those seeking an exclusive, very serious approach.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree