Aint that the truth.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 12:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Aint that the truth.
    No it's not. Quit stirring up trouble by fomenting those with a chip on their shoulder.

Oh wait, I forgot. It's what you do.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 12:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No it's not. Quit stirring up trouble by fomenting those with a chip on their shoulder.

Oh wait, I forgot. It's what you do.
    ok give robbie a kiss and lets make up, smoo moo moo moo😵
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by padger
    No because you do not support any project
    You just put up arguments against and never for
    You just like to cause trouble
    Look, do you support my proposal to stop sandbagging by forming a two-tiered rating system?

There's no reason both ideas can't work simultaneously, if there turns out to be widespread support for your idea.

I just think clan leaders should be the ultimate decision-maker on who they challenge. You start restricting the clan leaders' ability to mount challenges against anyone they want, and you start introducing "unintended consequences". If clan leaders abuse this freedom and challenge other clan leaders who agree to set up 500 point differences in rating to cheat and "game" the system, then those clan leaders should be banned, plain and simple.

We need to take care of the problem by permanently banning those morally-bankrupt clan leaders, not placing restrictions on clan leaders who play honorably. It's hard enough for smaller clans to find other clans to challenge without closing down the rating window even smaller. But that's just my take on it. Your mileage may vary.

But don't you sit there and claim foolish things about me because I don't support restricting honorable clan leaders. Ban these idiots setting up 500-point difference challenges. And the next people who try it, ban them, too. Show these opportunists that you're serious about stopping their BS and they'll eventually stop. But don't throw up more obstacles in front of clan leaders who just want a decent challenge for their clan.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 13:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok give robbie a kiss and lets make up, smoo moo moo moo😵
    Why don't you go make up with Metallica and stop trying to destroy the clan system?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 13:45
    Why don't you go make up with Metallica and stop trying to destroy the clan system?
    twos company, threes a crowd, moo moo moo moo. Your blatantly loaded question will be ignored.
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 13:50
    Falls to the floor of the clan forum and kisses it

I'M Back.......ha ha ha ha (evil laugh).

Thanks to "The Man" for giving me a last chance. I hope to not blow it for ..........well.....at least a week !!!
  8. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 13:54
    Originally posted by radioactive69

Thanks to "The Man" for giving me a last chance. I hope to not blow it for ..........well.....at least a week !!!
    welcome back
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 13:56
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    welcome back
    Thanks dude. Missed the place. Nice to have our forum back again. I take it we all gotta be real nice to each other or it gets ripped away again.
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 14:02
    No because you do not support any project
    You just put up arguments against and never for
    You just like to cause trouble
    Padger, this is not entirely accurate. She simply made an alternate proposal.

After reading it, it seems like a very simple and good one. The mechanism for creating it already exists in the form of club ratings.

In my mind, the only challenge would be in establishing initial ratings (p1200 like the clubs would not work so well here), but we could use tournament ratings as a reasonable starting point.

On the internet where we can only communicate by typing, and without any reference to tone, inflection, body language, or immediate follow up for clarification, it is very difficult to make an accurate judgment about anyone's intentions. I just try to give others the same benefit of the doubt I want to get if I am misunderstood.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 14:26
    Yeah, you know, I chalk it up to testosterone.

Women's locker rooms aren't like boys locker rooms at all.
    I've found it's best not to "tar" all with the same brush. Blanket statements can...well... make one seem just a bit too rigid.
  12. Here
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 15:35
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Padger, this is not entirely accurate. She simply made an alternate proposal.

After reading it, it seems like a very simple and good one. The mechanism for creating it already exists in the form of club ratings.

In my mind, the only challenge would be in establishing initial ratings (p1200 like the clubs would not work so well here), but we co ...[text shortened]... s. I just try to give others the same benefit of the doubt I want to get if I am misunderstood.
    I must admit there could be some merit in her idea
    Mine is to make clan challenges simpler
    Have you ever had to go through the job of finding Clan challenges that suit both your Clan and the opposition it is tiresome
    If you had my proposal the computer would set up the challenge for you
    You wouldn't have to go through the lists of both Clans trying to find the best solution
    I will not work with the new rule ( which by the way who asked for it )
    I had a challenge under the new rules where one of the opposition was 300 points better off over the 5 year average another gave my Clan a 500 point advantage
    Is this fair
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 18:41

Welcome back.

Clan forum does not require a password.
    But if it did, it would be "collusion" 😀😀
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 18:48

There is a fungus among us and they call it Robbie "whine and cheats" carrobie
  15. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 23:33
    I must admit there could be some merit in her idea
    Mine is to make clan challenges simpler
    Have you ever had to go through the job of finding Clan challenges that suit both your Clan and the opposition it is tiresome
    If you had my proposal the computer would set up the challenge for you
    You wouldn't have to go through the lists of both Clans trying to fi ...[text shortened]... nts better off over the 5 year average another gave my Clan a 500 point advantage
    Is this fair
    I definitely appreciate where you are coming from- it's part of what prompted me to post your proposal as a thread in the clans forum.

Suzianne pointed out that the two proposals are not mutually exclusive, so perhaps we can have a multi-pronged approach to reform.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree