1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 07:23
    Hi all,

I was a member of Morphy's Maniacs (until my sub lapsed for a bit and I was out of circulation), but I was also a member of Strategic Ultimatum until the leader added someone who had a pattern of clan system abuse, so I quit.

Now I am back in circulation, and I see the Clan got shut down. What happened? I'm guessing that my suspicions were correct, and I bailed out just in time.

The Morphy's Maniacs guys, on the other hand, were a good bunch of people, and I regret not being there when things got shaky.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 07:27
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Hi all,

I was a member of Morphy's Maniacs (until my sub lapsed for a bit and I was out of circulation), but I was also a member of Strategic Ultimatum until the leader added someone who had a pattern of clan system abuse, so I quit.

Now I am back in circulation, and I see the Clan got shut down. What happened? I'm guessing that my suspicions ...[text shortened]... the other hand, were a good bunch of people, and I regret not being there when things got shaky.
    Come on over to the Misfits, make yourself comfy and I'll tell you all about it. 🙂
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 12:12
    Hi all,

Now I am back in circulation, and I see the Clan got shut down. What happened? I'm guessing that my suspicions ...[text shortened]... the other hand, were a good bunch of people, and I regret not being there when things got shaky.
    Hi Paul,

We were both members of Strategic Ultimatum.

I'm trying to remember at what point you left. I know the SU leader called you his very good friend many times, but then he used to say the same and more to me and about me. And then one day I checked him out when his messages of all the clan leaders being against him just somehow seemed odd to me and I checked it out. And he flipped.

Do you remember the "University of Chess For Fun"? You may not ever have played a game against them because they were all way, way below your rating level. Or really almost anyone's rating level.

The clue as to what happened is in all of that and much more.

I'm not going to say any more. I'm sure many here can clue you in, maybe Suzianne if you want to accept her offer.

But anyway, nice to see you again! 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 21:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Come on over to the Misfits, make yourself comfy and I'll tell you all about it. 🙂
    I heard you give crochet and quilt making lessons. Is it true?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 02:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No, I give lessons on how to kick the Easy Riders to the curb.
  6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 23:43
    Originally posted by Startreader
    Hi Paul,

We were both members of Strategic Ultimatum.

I'm trying to remember at what point you left. I know the SU leader called you his very good friend many times, but then he used to say the same and more to me and about me. And then one day I checked him out when his messages of all the clan leaders being against him just somehow seemed odd t ...[text shortened]... ou in, maybe Suzianne if you want to accept her offer.

But anyway, nice to see you again! 🙂
    The SU leader was just someone I had played (maybe it was a Welcome Game?), and then he asked me to join his new clan to get it started, and I said "Sure, why not?"

I guess "very good friend" is a relative term on the internet. By contrast, a couple of people in Morphy's Maniacs were people I have known for, in some cases, decades before I even knew about this site. It was partly a way for us to keep in touch since we now all live in different parts of the US.

I think I will chalk it up to a "live and learn" moment, and I am glad I bailed out on instinct before the fit hit the shan.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 07:18
    The SU leader was just someone I had played (maybe it was a Welcome Game?), and then he asked me to join his new clan to get it started, and I said "Sure, why not?"

I guess "very good friend" is a relative term on the internet. By contrast, a couple of people in Morphy's Maniacs were people I have known for, in some cases, decades before I even kne ...[text shortened]... o a "live and learn" moment, and I am glad I bailed out on instinct before the fit hit the shan.
    Your story of how you joined SU is exactly the same as mine.

You missed an awful lot of drama. All water under the bridge.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 22:09
    That is true, but you have to have at least an IQ of 40 to join.
    That leaves you out in the cold.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 00:06
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    That is true, but you have to have at least an IQ of 40 to join.
    That leaves you out in the cold.
    Robbie 1799 shirley circuit 1589
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 01:14
    Robbie 1799 shirley circuit 1589
    He's talking about your social IQ
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 02:32
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    He's talking about your social IQ
    Social IQ? Clan standings dude. Take a good look.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 04:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 05:02
    Social IQ? Clan standings dude. Take a good look.
    OK ..... seeing as you told me to "Take a good look" .....
    I looked at the clan standings.
    Also looked at Easy Riders' completed challenges for this year.

Specifically, looked at all the challenges against the 2 fake clans - Anti-Metallica and Breaking Bad.

Easy Riders collected 120 points from those 2 clans for challenges that would now
    be in violation of the new clan rules put in place by the Site Administration.

So if we subtract those 120 points from your current net total of 223.
    That leaves Easy Riders with 103 points, which is 6 behind the 109 points accumulated by Metallica so far this year.

Thanks for asking me to "take a good look" at the clan standings. 😀😀😀😀
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 05:02
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    no
    you have had that title for a long time along with your goose stepping clan, cheatallica
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 05:20
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    no
    you have had that title for a long time along with your goose stepping clan, cheatallica
    You are going WAH WAH WAH on us again.
    And stepping up the attacks on Metallica again.

What's the matter ?
    Easy Riders losing their comfort level in the Clan Standings ? 😀😀😀😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree