1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 May '09 11:46
    Sweet, I won! It failed to guess vioin resin.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    08 May '09 13:28
    I tried religion. It guessed it was an omelette. After some further questions, it suggested it might be surgery, betrayal, debt or anthrax.
  3. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    08 May '09 14:57
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I tried religion. It guessed it was an omelette. After some further questions, it suggested it might be surgery, betrayal, debt or anthrax.
    Faith without a whale is but betrayal and anthrax!~
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 May '09 16:28
    Maybe if you chose things for which people actually agree on their definition, then it might be able to perform better.

Just an idea.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    08 May '09 16:301 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Maybe if you chose things for which people actually agree on their definition, then it might be able to perform better.

Just an idea.
    When you play a chess game against someone who is very good at a particular opening, do you choose that opening because that might help your opponent to perform better?

Edit: But I am surprised that "religion" isn't even in the database, neither in the American nor in the British version.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 May '09 17:241 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    When you play a chess game against someone who is very good at a particular opening, do you choose that opening because that might help your opponent to perform better?

Edit: But I am surprised that "religion" isn't even in the database, neither in the American nor in the British version.
    Opponent? I didn't see it like that, but I guess that's fair enough.
  7. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    08 May '09 17:32
    This reminds me of the time I thought I had a perfect 20 Questions strategy and bbarr went all use/mention on my ass, and then laughed at me 🙁.

Palynka, how did you see it?
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 May '09 17:57
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    This reminds me of the time I thought I had a perfect 20 Questions strategy and bbarr went all use/mention on my ass, and then laughed at me 🙁.

Palynka, how did you see it?
    I just didn't feel I was playing a game against anyone so I wanted to give it a fair shot of finding it, all while making it difficult enough that I'd be impressed if it found it.

It's very easy to think of abstract concepts that it had no chance of finding.
  9. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    08 May '09 19:10
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I just didn't feel I was playing a game against anyone so I wanted to give it a fair shot of finding it, all while making it difficult enough that I'd be impressed if it found it.

It's very easy to think of abstract concepts that it had no chance of finding.
    I see. I'm not sure if I'd put things like love in that particular category of abstract concepts, though, since it's likely that lots of people have tried it (Noodles and I, for example, attempted it independently, unless she read my post before she tried it).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree