1. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 03:134 edits
    U2...lame pop. What happned to these guys?
    Coldplay - very good
    Stevie Wonder with the Jonas Bros....ouch!
    Katy Perry..yum
    Kanye West...please tell me why this guy is supposed to be so great. Just another hip hop rapper to me. High quality garbage is still garbage
    Adelle...good to see that overweight chics can still win awards
    MIA...what a mess. What in the heck kind of noise is this?
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 04:22
    Radiohead...brilliance fron the bestrock band on Earth
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 06:451 edit
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Coldplay - very good
    Despite the apeal of their music, unfortunately, I can't listen to them because of their lyrics. But then again if the lyrics had been too good they might only have sold 20% of the records they did. Too much 'say almost nothing - let the listener project themselves onto our songs' going on for my liking. It's not genuine communication. It's more a kind of lucrative manipulation. But, I stress, I am not calling for Coldplay to be made illegal.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 11:35

Coldplay - very good
    I'm curious -- what's the appeal? Coldplay leaves me very, very cold.
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 18:49
    I'm not a fan and have no recordibgs, I simply think that it was a good performance.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 19:47
    I'm not a fan and have no recordibgs, I simply think that it was a good performance.
    they're a good live band and know how to tap into the american market, something that a lot of english bands have failed to do. i'm not a big fan myself but i can see why people vote for them in these awards. imo muse are a far better band but they don't get any credit in the states.

re U2 - should've quit a long long time ago.
  7. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 02:18
    Carrie Underwoods' girl guitar player is hot looking and whipped out a great solo, best guitarist of the evening by FAR. She's from Australia here is her my space:

http://www.myspace.com/orianthi

Orianthi, that's her name. Di I mention how hot she looked😲
  8. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 02:32
    Other grammy comments:

Poor Stevie Wonder, having to put up with the Jonas Bros. they suck. If he knew how they looked, he wouldn't have let that happen. That lead singer wouldn't know R & B if it bit him on the ass.

Nice to see the Dirty Dozen Brass with Professor Long Hair doing "Go to the Mardi Gras" I didn't even mind the rappers throwing it down with Feet Don't Fail Me Now.

Liked the use of the USC Marching Band by Radio Head, wonder if any of those college dudes got lucky afterwards?

You want to wake me up when the Robert Plant/ Allison Krouse album stops playing. You think she's squeezing his lemons?

If Jennifer Hudson is singing at the church, I'm converting to Baptist, that voice is truly awesome. Shame about her families deaths, it's a wonder she can still perform.
  9. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 02:41
    Robert Plant looks like an old woman that forgot to take her estrogen. Great recording though with Allison Krauss.
  10. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 00:23
    Loved the Radiohead performance. Couldn't really understand a single word he said, but there was still something captivating about it.
  11. Standard memberPariah325
    Knife Wielder
    In the shadows...
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 03:58
    What kind of idiots would vote for Coldplay's Viva la Vida as best song when they are currently involved in litigation and law suits for copyright violation for stealing that song? Satriani should call them up and ask for his trophy.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 08:48
    If you missed the Radiohead bit, here it is.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k4s14vapbE7tUSWz0V&related=1

I really enjoyed it.
    I've always liked Radiohead, but that Kid A album put me off them for a while...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree