Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    06 Oct '08 13:08
    This Survival Research Laboratories video is short but sweet:

    http://www.ubu.com/film/srl_social.html
  2. 06 Oct '08 16:12
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    This Survival Research Laboratories video is short but sweet:

    http://www.ubu.com/film/srl_social.html
    I've been down on performance art ever since Karen Finley shoved yams up her quim, so bear with me if I appear provincial. Is it the artist's intention to show that machines will lead the next holocaust?
  3. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    06 Oct '08 17:51
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    I've been down on performance art ever since Karen Finley shoved yams up her quim, so bear with me if I appear provincial. Is it the artist's intention to show that machines will lead the next holocaust?
    I'm content to enjoy the spectacle of large machines destroying each other.
  4. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    07 Oct '08 14:03
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I'm content to enjoy the spectacle of large machines destroying each other.
    Holy crap, there are some safety concerns there. Enough to give a modern-day SHEQ officer a heart attack.
  5. 13 Oct '08 15:13
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    I've been down on performance art ever since Karen Finley shoved yams up her quim, so bear with me if I appear provincial. Is it the artist's intention to show that machines will lead the next holocaust?
    I'm pretty sure the intention of SRL is to have giant death machines tear each other apart while shooting giant balls of flame and dodging bolts from the Tesla coil. It's been a decade since I've seen a show, though, so maybe their mission has changed.
  6. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    13 Oct '08 19:40
    Originally posted by convect
    I'm pretty sure the intention of SRL is to have giant death machines tear each other apart while shooting giant balls of flame and dodging bolts from the Tesla coil. It's been a decade since I've seen a show, though, so maybe their mission has changed.
    That show was in 1988 or thereabouts.

    What was it like being in the audience?
  7. Standard member rbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    13 Oct '08 21:44
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    This Survival Research Laboratories video is short but sweet:

    http://www.ubu.com/film/srl_social.html
    Great stuff. I watched the longer Survival Research Laboratories film sometime last year.

    This one's considerably longer:

    http://www.ubu.com/film/srl_virtues.html