1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 11:10
    Anyone of musician here have it ? Nice ability but very annoying, especially when your life is 24 hours daily solffeggio dictate and you learn in your head all of your sisters violin concertos and then you go to the doctor because you can not sleep 'cause you are digesting Sibelius concerto five nights in a row, note by note.

If any other has this ability (problem) share your experiences with me !

Anyway, here is the absolute pitch test :

http://perfectpitch.ucsf.edu/

Enjoy ! (I scored 36\36 😛)
  2. The sky
    Moves
    25 Mar '08 22:20
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Anyone of musician here have it ? Nice ability but very annoying, especially when your life is 24 hours daily solffeggio dictate and you learn in your head all of your sisters violin concertos and then you go to the doctor because you can not sleep 'cause you are digesting Sibelius concerto five nights in a row, note by note.

If any other has this abilit ...[text shortened]... e is the absolute pitch test :

I didn't do the test, but I am a strange case. I don't really have perfect pitch, but I often function as if I did. When I have to write down something I hear or something I have in my head, I can often do it intuitively, without thinking intervals - I just know where the notes should go. But I usually need to be told what the first note is, although if I would have to guess, my guess wouldn't be completely random; for example, I am more likely to mistake a C for a D or G than to mistake it for a C sharp (i.e. I am more likely to confuse notes that are harmonically close than notes that are melodically close). When I think of some music or start to sing something, it's very often in the correct key. A minute ago I tried just for fun to whistle an A and then checked with my metronome, and I got it right. I also hear if the A of my cello isn't quite right (i.e. I don't think I would ever accidentally tune it to 439 Hz). But I think a lot of this is just long-term memory, and if I don't play for a while, I get worse at it. However, I could never convince my "ear training" (don't know if that's the right English expression) teacher that I don't have perfect pitch.
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    29 Mar '08 00:11
    Originally posted by ivan2908

If any other has this abilit ...[text shortened]... e is the absolute pitch test :

I took the test, and also had my piano teacher play notes that were out of tune and I guessed whether they were sharp, flat, or correct, and I named the general cent range.

All of that, correctly. Perfect pitch and perfect tuning. 😏 😛 😉
  4. the highway to hell
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 12:22
    you guys should form a self gratification club 😛
  5. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 17:23
    Which do you think is more useful, perfect pitch or relative pitch?
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 21:08
    Originally posted by eamon o
    you guys should form a self gratification club 😛
    Good idea! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree