1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    07 Dec '08 21:14
    I just bought a new Collings Acoutic guitar. It blows my Martin away. Makes my Gibson not seem so hot. It's the best guitar I've had. Anybody else have one ?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 05:22
    Originally posted by buckky
    I just bought a new Collings Acoutic guitar. It blows my Martin away. Makes my Gibson not seem so hot. It's the best guitar I've had. Anybody else have one ?
    Never heard of it, but I have a hard time believing it would blow away my martins, it sounds like you think Gibsons sound better than Martins. I have had both and like both but my D35 is awesome, as was my D12-20 12 string, which sounds incredible as a 6. I like wider fingerboards so that worked great for me. Also sounding great is my Washburn R-305, a little parlor guitar repro from the original Washburn a hundred years ago and just ressurected. It sounds like it is twice as big as it is. You can hear it on myspace, 'The River', my composition, solo guitar. myspace.com/donjenningsguitar.
    Take a listen, see what you think. How much did your collings cost? Hand made to your specs? Did you have to wait two years for it? What country is it made in?
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 17:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Never heard of it, but I have a hard time believing it would blow away my martins, it sounds like you think Gibsons sound better than Martins. I have had both and like both but my D35 is awesome, as was my D12-20 12 string, which sounds incredible as a 6. I like wider fingerboards so that worked great for me. Also sounding great is my Washburn R-305, a litt ...[text shortened]... t? Hand made to your specs? Did you have to wait two years for it? What country is it made in?
    My old Martin is a D18 that is just an ok guitar. You know they are all different, and some are better than others. My D18 is one of the not so hot one's. I have a Gibson J45 that's a great guitar. The Collings cost around five thousand dollars which is nut's to spend that kind of money on a guitar. but what the hell I did it. They are made in Austin Texas. It's a fairly small shop ,but getting bigger all the time. Check one out some time , and you will be amazed.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 20:33
    Originally posted by buckky
    My old Martin is a D18 that is just an ok guitar. You know they are all different, and some are better than others. My D18 is one of the not so hot one's. I have a Gibson J45 that's a great guitar. The Collings cost around five thousand dollars which is nut's to spend that kind of money on a guitar. but what the hell I did it. They are made in Austin Texas. I ...[text shortened]... all shop ,but getting bigger all the time. Check one out some time , and you will be amazed.
    On myspace, one of my myspace friends, David Berkeley, uses a collings, you can hear him at myspace.com/davidberkeley. Did you listen to my piece, the river which was done with the R305? Do you have a myspace with anything to listen to of yours?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree