1. Joined
    25 Jul '11
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 16:23
    I've first read Blood Meridian, by Cormac McCarthy, in a portuguese translation, and was very impressed. Then I tried No Country for Old Men and thought it wasn't nearly as good.

Does anyone here knows a bit more about his work and can recommend me another book of him that is as good as Blood Meridian?
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 16:41
    Originally posted by FalseProphet
    I've first read Blood Meridian, by Cormac McCarthy, in a portuguese translation, and was very impressed. Then I tried No Country for Old Men and thought it wasn't nearly as good.

Does anyone here knows a bit more about his work and can recommend me another book of him that is as good as Blood Meridian?
    The Border Trilogy is amazing. The first 100 pages of the 2nd volume is as mesmerizing a read as I've ever enjoyed.

I'm partial as I'ma huge fan.
  3. Joined
    25 Jul '11
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 17:05
    Originally posted by badmoon
    The Border Trilogy is amazing. The first 100 pages of the 2nd volume is as mesmerizing a read as I've ever enjoyed.

I'm partial as I'ma huge fan.
    Thanks. I'll try it out and then post my impressions.
  4. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 08:38
    At a tangent, Tom McCarthy's Remainder or last year's Booker-nominated C are good 'novels by another McCarthy'...
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Aug '11 19:49
    I'm holding out for a Pretty Horses musical, lyrics P. McCartney.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree