1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 14:45
    On CBS, USA. Lot of musical names played last night. Paul and Ringo sang solo and together also.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 16:14
    Meh.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 20:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    On CBS, USA. Lot of musical names played last night. Paul and Ringo sang solo and together also.
    Never liked Paul's sickly sweet voice and Ringo's vocal range
    does disservice to the word "range". He was a half decent
    drummer though ... despite Lennon's famous put down!

Good to see they are still mates after 50 years!
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 22:191 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Meh.
    I was never that much of a fan but they did change the course of music in the US at least. It went from Beach Boys to Beatles in one year. Did you like any of their songs? They must have had SOMETHING, Paul is worth nearly a billion these days. I think Ringo was more active musically after the Beatles than before, he started his own music production company.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 03:11
    I was never that much of a fan but they did change the course of music in the US at least. It went from Beach Boys to Beatles in one year. Did you like any of their songs? They must have had SOMETHING, Paul is worth nearly a billion these days. I think Ringo was more active musically after the Beatles than before, he started his own music production company.
    I like a lot of the Beatles songs (John's and George's a lot more than Paul's) but I wasn't too impressed with the list of musicians I saw on the tribute. Did you like any of them?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 23:34
    I like a lot of the Beatles songs (John's and George's a lot more than Paul's) but I wasn't too impressed with the list of musicians I saw on the tribute. Did you like any of them?
    Not especially. Alicia Keys was playing duo with some dude who I never got the name of but he way outshined her voice wise, she sounded weak compared to that guy. It was interesting that Ringo's choice of songs was old school, the first one was like some blues thing from the 50's. He seemed the more engaging personality onstage that night. I think he made more money after the Beatles than with them.

Did you happen to see the tribute concert, 2 hours, to Joni Mitchell a few years ago? THAT was a real star studded scene, like Richard Thomson, much higher on the musical totem pole than any of those people on the Beatles tribute IMHO.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 15:26
    Did you happen to see the tribute concert, 2 hours, to Joni Mitchell a few years ago? THAT was a real star studded scene, like Richard Thomson, much higher on the musical totem pole than any of those people on the Beatles tribute IMHO.
    Oh I sure did! I'll never forget it. After a hard night of looming and rug-hooking, I poured myself a glass of my favourite chardonnay, grabbed a bowl of my favourite vegetarian snacks (hay biscuits), cozied up in my snuggie and let Joni's smooth, smooth sounds beat me into a bruxist coma.

And Richard Thomson! What a star! Royalty, even. Not a night goes by when I don't put his 45 on the hifi and tap along in my unknowingly syncopated way. He is by far the greatest lutist from the Faroe Islands. He must sleep with thousands of women a day.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 16:05
    Oh I sure did! I'll never forget it. After a hard night of looming and rug-hooking, I poured myself a glass of my favourite chardonnay, grabbed a bowl of my favourite vegetarian snacks (hay biscuits), cozied up in my snuggie and let Joni's smooth, smooth sounds beat me into a bruxist coma.

And Richard Thomson! What a star! Royalty, even. Not a nigh ...[text shortened]... by far the greatest lutist from the Faroe Islands. He must sleep with thousands of women a day.
    You're always good for sardonic irony, well crafted.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 17:46

And Richard Thomson! What a star! Royalty, even. Not a nigh ...[text shortened]... by far the greatest lutist from the Faroe Islands. He must sleep with thousands of women a day.
    Do you even know who Richard Thompson is?

Ever hear 'Dimming of the day', here sung by Bonnie Raitt and Richard Thompson.

YouTube
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 12:08
    Do you even know who Richard Thompson is?

Ever hear 'Dimming of the day', here sung by Bonnie Raitt and Richard Thompson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o8M74ufF4Q
    Just wow. That song was so good I may have to jerk off to it on my drive home today.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 12:09
    And of course I know who Richard Thompson is. He was the principal songwriter for this enduring masterpiece:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXqxx-6o1M
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Mar '14 14:03
    And of course I know who Richard Thompson is. He was the principal songwriter for this enduring masterpiece:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXqxx-6o1M
    It looks like Jimmy Hart is a better singer than you ever will be🙂
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 22:41
    Just wow. That song was so good I may have to jerk off to it on my drive home today.
    Don't do it man, it's more dangerous than texting!! 😲
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 23:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    Don't do it man, it's more dangerous than texting!! 😲
    Don't worry, it's a golf cart....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree