1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 14:55
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    What all you geniuses seem to be forgetting is that the Beatles were a band for adolescents (star-struck little teenybopper girls.) You need to go back and listen to bands like Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, and the Doors to hear adult music from that era. That is - if you're not to busy sorting your panties in your underwear drawer! 🙂
    Good music, too, but apples and oranges. The sixties was one of the best decades in pop music both in the UK and USA. Beatles a teeny bopper band? Perhaps you think we were discussing the Monkees?
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 15:00
    What all you geniuses seem to be forgetting is that the Beatles were a band for adolescents (star-struck little teenybopper girls.) You need to go back and listen to bands like Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, and the Doors to hear adult music from that era. That is - if you're not to busy sorting your panties in your underwear drawer! 🙂
    they started out that way,w/ a huge teeny bopper following but, their music clearly became more adult as time went on. the Beatles set the ground work and provided the inspiration for the other bands you mentioned who I like as well.Airplane can not be compared to the Beatles for being superior in any way or the Dead for that matter.For being artist,song writers,and having an impact on music the Beatles stand alone.
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 16:24
    thats a gross generalization.

their music was aimed at teenagers roughly in the 1962-64ish period, but their music became more "mature" from 65-onwards.

do you think "yer blues" was aimed at little teenage girls?
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 16:30
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    thats a gross generalization.

their music was aimed at teenagers roughly in the 1962-64ish period, but their music became more "mature" from 65-onwards.

do you think "yer blues" was aimed at little teenage girls?
    Beatles music happened to be popular with teenyboppers. That is completely incidental. I disagree it was aimed at any one group. Too sophisticated for teenybopper music. There is undeniable influence by the Beatles on all the bands named by terrierjack. Even in the early years Beatles music had chord structure which was unusal in pop music of the day.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 16:551 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Beatles music happened to be popular with teenyboppers. That is completely incidental. I disagree it was aimed at any one group. Too sophisticated for teenybopper music. There is undeniable influence by the Beatles on all the bands named by terrierjack. Even in the early years Beatles music had chord structure which was unusal in pop music of the day.
    well, their early records were mostly beat music, and rock'n'roll, but with lyrics that could be interpreted as aimed at girls (I wanna hold your hand, she loves you, If I fell, Love me do, etc, etc.)

but it wasn't the same as pop music, in the way that it was a rock group (guitars, drums), they weren't like abba or anything like that.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 07:20
    Laibach's version of 'Let It Be' wasn't bad.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 03:13
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Laibach's version of 'Let It Be' wasn't bad.
    Not famliiar with Laibach. I used to own a vinyl double album of Beatles music done by various artists and it was not bad at all. Can't remember the name since I got rid of my 33's.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree