Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 05 Jan '11 04:22
    I know, not the forum to post this, but no one really trolls the other forums. So.....Black Sabbath Live Evil, with Dio on vocals is an amazing album from start to finish, maybe the best live album ever, Peter Frampton plays live is excellent, and Pink Floyd have had some interesting live music published, but as far as live recordings I keep putting on Live Evil.......up for discussion.
  2. 05 Jan '11 04:30
    Originally posted by dirtysniper
    I know, not the forum to post this, but no one really trolls the other forums.
    Ah, then that makes it all right then, huh?
  3. 05 Jan '11 04:32
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Ah, then that makes it all right then, huh?
    As far as make it correct, no it does not. I just feel no one really pays attention to the other forums. Sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention.
  4. 05 Jan '11 04:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by dirtysniper
    As far as make it correct, no it does not. I just feel no one really pays attention to the other forums. Sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention.
    I wasn't offended. I just wouldn't want to have to sift through a bunch of non-chess stuff in this forum. Maybe you should have tried to create some kind of Black Sabbath/chess connection, then subtly slipped in the other stuff later. 😉
  5. 05 Jan '11 04:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by dirtysniper
    I know, not the forum to post this, but no one really trolls the other forums. So.....Black Sabbath Live Evil, with Dio on vocals is an amazing album from start to finish, maybe the best live album ever, Peter Frampton plays live is excellent, and Pink Floyd have had some interesting live music published, but as far as live recordings I keep putting on Live Evil.......up for discussion.
    take it to spirituality, we look at almost anything and even if its not spiritual we make it spiritual! Black Sabbath you say . . . . mmmm, haven't they fallen out with each other and ol Toni and Ozzy refuse to talk?
  6. Standard member Thabtos
    I am become Death
    05 Jan '11 04:47 / 1 edit
    Bleh
  7. 05 Jan '11 04:49
    You may be correct Robbie, but back in the early 80's Live Evil was an amazing live album, and I feel in 2011 it still is. Hard feelings and bickering the band has, aside. It is a true masterpiece.
  8. 05 Jan '11 04:53
    Originally posted by dirtysniper
    You may be correct Robbie, but back in the early 80's Live Evil was an amazing live album, and I feel in 2011 it still is. Hard feelings and bickering the band has, aside. It is a true masterpiece.
    ahhh the early eighties when metal was metal before our pansy American friends from California turned it into a pantomime! Maidens first album with Paul Dianno has remained unsurpassed to this day, way before Dickinson turned them into an operatic outfit! 🙂
  9. Standard member Thabtos
    I am become Death
    05 Jan '11 04:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ahhh the early eighties when metal was metal before our pansy American friends from California turned it into a pantomime! Maidens first album with Paul Dianno has remained unsurpassed to this day, way before Dickinson turned them into an operatic outfit! 🙂
    You'd be one of the few to allude that Slayer are pansies.
  10. 05 Jan '11 04:58
    Ahhh truer words were never spoken. That and the Killers album are to this day Maidens best work.
  11. 05 Jan '11 05:01
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    You'd be one of the few to allude that Slayer are pansies.
    Slayer well in their own right contributed much to our musical history, I feel are classed in the thrash or death metal category, and by no means pussies, simply do not appeal to a wider audience as does Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.
  12. 05 Jan '11 05:07 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    You'd be one of the few to allude that Slayer are pansies.
    yup Americans have never produced a decent metal band and dont even try and pull that Guns and Roses boy band stuff! Even Pantera were pansy! We like our metal heavy! Now Saxon, there was a band! when i think of American metal, i think of Cinderella 😛
  13. 05 Jan '11 05:11
    Saxon was a great band, no argument there. Exciter is an old school metal Canadian ban, one we are proud of.
  14. Standard member Thabtos
    I am become Death
    05 Jan '11 05:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yup Americans have never produced a decent metal band and dont even try and pull that Guns and Roses boy band stuff! Even Pantera were pansy! We like our metal heavy! Now Saxon, there was a band! when i think of American metal, i think of Cinderella 😛
    So tell me which band from your part of the island is more metal, Belle and Sebastian, or perhaps the Proclaimers?
  15. 05 Jan '11 05:15
    Originally posted by dirtysniper
    Saxon was a great band, no argument there. Exciter is an old school metal Canadian ban, one we are proud of.
    we have a Canadian dj in Glasgow called Moose, he works for a station called Rock Radio 96.3 FM, and occasionally he slips in some great Canadian bands, we love him , hes awesomeness! Exciter i gotta check them out!