1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 03:18
    I find it a bit underwhelming. Dare I say it - and I think I dared say it for his last two albums - I don't find his lyrics particularly telling or evocative. Aside from his wordsmithing, Dylan is an unimaginative originator and arranger of the instrumental side of his music, and his voice is increasingly a mere pale imitation of Tom Waits, so his lyrics being a bit drab and strewn with clunky rhymes, does not bode well for a release like this or the more recent of the previous ones, for that matter. Any thoughts anyone?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 17:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    I find it a bit underwhelming. Dare I say it - and I think I dared say it for his last two albums - I don't find his lyrics particularly telling or evocative. Aside from his wordsmithing, Dylan is an unimaginative originator and arranger of the instrumental side of his music, and his voice is increasingly a mere pale imitation of Tom Waits, so his lyrics being a ...[text shortened]... elease like this or the more recent of the previous ones, for that matter. Any thoughts anyone?
    Does the phrase 'past his prime' come into play here?
  3. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 23:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Does the phrase 'past his prime' come into play here?
    duquense whistle is a real catchy tune...I can't get enough of it
  4. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 23:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    I find it a bit underwhelming. Dare I say it - and I think I dared say it for his last two albums - I don't find his lyrics particularly telling or evocative. Aside from his wordsmithing, Dylan is an unimaginative originator and arranger of the instrumental side of his music, and his voice is increasingly a mere pale imitation of Tom Waits, so his lyrics being a ...[text shortened]... elease like this or the more recent of the previous ones, for that matter. Any thoughts anyone?
    Take it your not a fan ...
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 12:35
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Take it your not a fan ...
    Not really, not of the last 3 or so efforts.
  6. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 00:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not really, not of the last 3 or so efforts.
    I think he's got something here...I'll check in with ya in about 3 weeks
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 12:35
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    I think he's got something here...I'll check in with ya in about 3 weeks
    I am going to revisit it. I enjoyed the track you picked out; you made me curious.
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    27 Sep '12 04:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    You probably have a problem dare I say with some of the lyrics of his earlier work like LAY LADY LAY.
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '12
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 19:43
    you got to admit that dylan is such a good songwriter and girl from the north country is one of my favourites

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree