1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '09 22:51
    Early stuff by the Beatles (John Lennon), The Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger), Manfred Mann (Paul Jones), CCR (John Foggerty), Donovan, Bob Dylan, even Miilie's backing band - that Harmonica made the tunes!

What's happened to the Harmonica?
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    16 Mar '09 23:28
    Originally posted by znsho
    Early stuff by the Beatles (John Lennon), The Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger), Manfred Mann (Paul Jones), CCR (John Foggerty), Donovan, Bob Dylan, even Miilie's backing band - that Harmonica made the tunes!

Check out Kim Simmons.
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 00:16
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Check out Kim Simmons.
    Do you mean of Savoy Brown fame?
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 23:25
    Do you mean of Savoy Brown fame?
    Sorry,,,Kim Wilson. He played with the Fabulous thunderbirds
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 16:44

The "Mouth Organ" is still used in Blues recordings all the time. I think the Rap community is doing themself harm by not useing the harmonica, and banjo more in the mix.
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 00:07
    Instruments rise and fall. Now not many people know what a clavier or a dulcimer is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree