1. Standard memberRSMA1234
    The Guvnor....!!!!
    The Dark Side
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 12:28
    So I go online with COD4 on the weekend and get my arse kicked as I have no decent weapns, any tips on how I can speed the process up.....

And yes I know a poor workman blames his tools, but when the other guys have laser signs .......
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 14:54
    Take it to the Destruction of Culture forum, spanky.
  3. Standard memberGoatboysrevenge
    Justice 4 the 96
    Airstrip One
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 15:43
    COD4 matchmaking (on Xbox Live anyway) isn't really based on skill levels or what modded weapons you have, it's a random collection of players thrown together. So you've been playing against people who've been playing for ages and have had months to exploit this nifty little facet (nevermind learn the maps and get better in general) rather than other newcomers to the game.

you just have to rough it out until you can level up to be able to mod said weapons, or I suggest hiding like a little girl in a dark corner in team games until you get enough exp (or whatever it's called) to mod your guns.

Or play something like Halo 3 as no-one can mod weapons on that, and it's alot less of a 'spray & pray' FPS game.
    Personally I think Halo 3 is better for on line play anyway, better experience and more level playing field with skill rankings for all players. Still full of mouthy jerks though...
  4. Standard memberRSMA1234
    The Guvnor....!!!!
    The Dark Side
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 12:31
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Take it to the Destruction of Culture forum, spanky.
    LOL.........why not join me online son and we can "talk about it" in the game (COD4)
  5. Standard memberRSMA1234
    The Guvnor....!!!!
    The Dark Side
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 12:322 edits
    Originally posted by Goatboysrevenge
    COD4 matchmaking (on Xbox Live anyway) isn't really based on skill levels or what modded weapons you have, it's a random collection of players thrown together. So you've been playing against people who've been playing for ages and have had months to exploit this nifty little facet (nevermind learn the maps and get better in general) rather than other playing field with skill rankings for all players. Still full of mouthy jerks though...
    Good point, I tend to play on PS3, but its the same type set-up.

Have managed to go up a level but I guess "hiding in the corner" is something Darvlay knows about.... ; )
  6. Joined
    17 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 04:48
    Don't worry about laser sights, I avoided these throughout all shootem up games, they do nothing to help you sight a shot, and as soon as you sight a target it draws a line directly to where you are hiding, start off with a sniper rifle, and/or a good assault rifle, avoid AK47's, rubbish on rapid fire.
    A light weight, shorter weapon with rapid fire (not pistols) with 2 or 3 shots per target, will take down faster, than long bursts of fire. That way you won't always be running out of ammo.
    Just remember hide first, and shoot first, be a hero if there is nothing else left to do.
    When shooting first take out the dudes with with the sniper rifles, shoot anyone else and they will find you.
  7. Standard memberRSMA1234
    The Guvnor....!!!!
    The Dark Side
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:35
    Originally posted by dickyticker
    Don't worry about laser sights, I avoided these throughout all shootem up games, they do nothing to help you sight a shot, and as soon as you sight a target it draws a line directly to where you are hiding, start off with a sniper rifle, and/or a good assault rifle, avoid AK47's, rubbish on rapid fire.
    A light weight, shorter weapon with rapid fire (not ...[text shortened]... rst take out the dudes with with the sniper rifles, shoot anyone else and they will find you.
    Thanks dude, will do

Are you xbox or PS3 person ?
  8. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 17:11
    Originally posted by RSMA1234
    So I go online with COD4 on the weekend and get my arse kicked as I have no decent weapns, any tips on how I can speed the process up.....

And yes I know a poor workman blames his tools, but when the other guys have laser signs .......
    yes, you need the big gun with the big bullets

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree