1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 09:024 edits
    The first trailer for the Cats movie is out.

The Internet seems to think it is going to be awful. And I mean awful with a capital "A".

I watched the trailer, and well, I didn't really know what to expect. There are so many big names in this movie. Even after watching the trailer, I want to go see it when it comes out. Am I alone?

Disclaimer: I've seen the musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber three times. Every time, I am entranced by it. It's one of my favorite musicals. I'm excited that it is finally being made into a movie, but I am hesitant, too, because it would be soooo easy to screw it up. I so want this to be a good movie.

High point in the trailer: Jennifer Hudson singing "Memory".

YouTube : Cats movie official trailer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_(2019_film)
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 09:53
    Expected release: December 20, 2019
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 10:381 edit
    @Suzianne

The stuff of nightmares.....the mouths!!

Reminds me of this YouTube : Sonic Movie Trailer.

Where the fan backlash was so loud, they are now redesigning the character. Probably a good thing.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 20:361 edit
    @russ said
    @Suzianne

The stuff of nightmares.....the mouths!!

Reminds me of this [youtube Sonic Movie Trailer]FvvZaBf9QQI[/youtube].

Where the fan backlash was so loud, they are now redesigning the character. Probably a good thing.
    I'm kind of thinking that most of these people on the internet freaking out about this never saw the actual musical.

If I remember right, the internet trolls bashed Avatar when the first trailer dropped, too.

But I really didn't have a problem with the Sonic trailer, either.
  5. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 18:04

Removed by poster

6. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 18:32
    @mister-moggy removed their quoted post
    Sarah Brightman, his ex wife, has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard
  7. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 19:17

Removed by poster

8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 19:23
    @mister-moggy removed their quoted post
    she took him for millions but they are still friends
    now that was an expensive piece
  9. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    01 Aug '19 07:05
    @suzianne said
    Even after watching the trailer, I want to go see it when it comes out. Am I alone?
    I'll definitely be going to see it and hopefully we'll both be pleasantly surprised!
  10. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Aug '19 15:16
    @suzianne said
    I'm kind of thinking that most of these people on the internet freaking out about this never saw the actual musical.

If I remember right, the internet trolls bashed Avatar when the first trailer dropped, too.

But I really didn't have a problem with the Sonic trailer, either.

It's true, I never saw it. I have heard the song to this new version of Cats and it's several levels below what Barbra Streisand did, nevertheless, I'm going to drag myself to this movie. One thing I've learned as I've gotten older, is movies contain surprises, both good and bad, and I refuse to be a crusty old geezer who judges things without seeing and hearing them for myself.
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Aug '19 20:55
    @mchill said

It's true, I never saw it. I have heard the song to this new version of Cats and it's several levels below what Barbra Streisand did, nevertheless, I'm going to drag myself to this movie. One thing I've learned as I've gotten older, is movies contain surprise ...[text shortened]... and I refuse to be a crusty old geezer who judges things without seeing and hearing them for myself.
    I think I'll give it a view. The music, at a minimum, should make it worth it.

As for the hedgehog and Jim Carrey. Probably not.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 04:25
    @mchill said

It's true, I never saw it. I have heard the song to this new version of Cats and it's several levels below what Barbra Streisand did, nevertheless, I'm going to drag myself to this movie. One thing I've learned as I've gotten older, is movies contain surprise ...[text shortened]... and I refuse to be a crusty old geezer who judges things without seeing and hearing them for myself.
    See the preview trailer first to see if you'd even be interested.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 04:26
    @wolfe63 said
    I think I'll give it a view. The music, at a minimum, should make it worth it.

As for the hedgehog and Jim Carrey. Probably not.
    Ummm, hedgehog and Jim Carrey?
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 08:23
    @suzianne said
    Ummm, hedgehog and Jim Carrey?
    Yes.
    Click Russ's link.

Upcoming "Sonic" film.
  15. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 08:231 edit
    When I saw that James Corden was going to play The Baker in the movie version of Sondheim's "Into the Woods" I was very skeptical. He gave a good turn in that though so fingers crossed for this one too...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree