1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 22:44
    I recently discovered Charlie Musselwhite.
    I'm not an expert on harmonica blues players, but this sounds good to me so thought I'd put it up for feedback. Here's an example but there is much more on youtube. Any opinions? Anyone know of similar harmonica music I should try out?

YouTube
  2. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 23:51
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I recently discovered Charlie Musselwhite.
    I'm not an expert on harmonica blues players, but this sounds good to me so thought I'd put it up for feedback. Here's an example but there is much more on youtube. Any opinions? Anyone know of similar harmonica music I should try out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1rtvFx9Ypo
    been a Charlie Musselwhite follower for many moons.
    especially like River Hip Mama: YouTube

Little Walter is another favorite of mine.

GRANNY.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 18:05
    Originally posted by smw6869
    Little Walter is another favorite of mine.
    Ooh, I like him.

I've recently been overdosing a bit on Humph. He's not bad at all, either. More boogie, dixie and sometimes honky-tonk, but some blues, too. A very pleasant mix.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 01:33
    I'm assuming that you mean Humphrey Lyttelton and the Harlem Ramblers?

I just checked some of his stuff on youtube and he is definitely good! I'll have to locate more of his music. He seems to be versatile on several instruments!
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 14:59
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I'm assuming that you mean Humphrey Lyttelton and the Harlem Ramblers?

I just checked some of his stuff on youtube and he is definitely good! I'll have to locate more of his music. He seems to be versatile on several instruments!
    The very same. In England he's now more famous as the longtime host of I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue, but he was a decidedly accomplished jazz trumpeter and clarinettist, and one of the forces behind the revival of jazz in the UK. He has a style that makes you happy - well, makes me happy, in any case!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree