1. Germany
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 12:48
    Recently I have been listening a lot to this 1971 gem of the psychedelic era. It has a folky, acoutistic sound, with flute and violin prominently present, but with a melancholic, macabre undertone. At times it sounds like a Fairport Convention record, at other times it's more similar to a King Crimson or Focus record or even an acoustic Opeth interlude. Highly recommended.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 16:49
    It's quite spooky!

Do you like Sand's 'Golem'?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 23:01
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    It's quite spooky!

Do you like Sand's 'Golem'?
    I have never heard of it, but will check it out.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 06:29
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I have never heard of it, but will check it out.
    C93 covered 'When the May Rain Comes' on 'Thunder Perfect Mind'.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 10:031 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    C93 covered 'When the May Rain Comes' on 'Thunder Perfect Mind'.
    Oh I see - C93 also covered a Comus song. Thunder Perfect Mind is actually my favourite C93 album.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Recently I have been listening a lot to this 1971 gem of the psychedelic era. It has a folky, acoutistic sound, with flute and violin prominently present, but with a melancholic, macabre undertone. At times it sounds like a Fairport Convention record, at other times it's more similar to a King Crimson or Focus record or even an acoustic Opeth interlude. Highly recommended.
    do you have a link to you tube or some such? I found a link to "Diana" and my first impression is they were heavily influenced by Pentangle but don't have the guitar licks of John Renbourn and Bert Jansch. I see a lot of influence by Robin Williamson and the Incredible String band. The lead singer even sounds a bit like Robin. I knew Robin quite well when we lived together in the same town, Venice Beach, calif. I had a band there called Southwind Irish Band and we got some significant airplay and played some nice venues like McCabes Guitar shop and some very large audience venues.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 21:361 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    do you have a link to you tube or some such? I found a link to "Diana" and my first impression is they were heavily influenced by Pentangle but don't have the guitar licks of John Renbourn and Bert Jansch. I see a lot of influence by Robin Williamson and the Incredible String band. The lead singer even sounds a bit like Robin. I knew Robin quite well when ...[text shortened]... lay and played some nice venues like McCabes Guitar shop and some very large audience venues.
    I think most songs from the album are on youtube... My favourite is "Drip Drip". (it's on there)

The Incredible String Band are definitely good, too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree