1. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    18 May '08 14:09
    Monday and Thursday were the third and fourth grade music concerts. Two fourth grade classes played violin together, followed by two third grade classes playing the recorder. The recorders sounded much better because they had more practice with their songs. We barely practiced the songs we played so I have no idea why those particular songs were performed. My class and I performed on Monday, and I brought them over on Thursday to watch the performances of other classes (including their friends). It was great to watch, because as awful as they (and we) sounded at times, the kids were obviously having a great time and proud of making music.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 May '08 14:15
    Hey, but what happened to that student of yours who wrote erotic stories of dragons and bellydancers?
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    18 May '08 14:18
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Hey, but what happened to that student of yours who wrote erotic stories of dragons and bellydancers?
    He's going on to fame and fortune 😉 I always tell my students that one reason they need to learn to spell my name correctly is so that they can send me checks when they're famous! I should start telling them that the reason I want them to pronounce it correctly is so that they get it right when they're on a talk show 😀
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 May '08 14:50
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    He's going on to fame and fortune 😉 I always tell my students that one reason they need to learn to spell my name correctly is so that they can send me checks when they're famous! I should start telling them that the reason I want them to pronounce it correctly is so that they get it right when they're on a talk show 😀
    Dude, forget about that!

What you should do is to identify the best writers amongst your class, then you lock them up in a cellar, with just water and bread crumbles, and you give a typing machine to each one of them. Then you promise every month to liberate them in exchange for a masterpiece. But postergate it everytime, forcing them to produce some really good stuff for your glory and profit. Just like the writing monkeys Mr. Burns used to write his biography.

Or like the Chinese outsourcing sweatshops.

You're welcome!

😀
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    18 May '08 15:23
    Dude, forget about that!

What you should do is to identify the best writers amongst your class, then you lock them up in a cellar, with just water and bread crumbles, and you give a typing machine to each one of them. Then you promise every month to liberate them in exchange for a masterpiece. But postergate it everytime, forcing them to produce some reall ...[text shortened]... to write his biography.

You're welcome!

😀
    Dang! Why didn't I think of that!
  6. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Moves
    19 May '08 04:04
    Dude, forget about that!

What you should do is to identify the best writers amongst your class, then you lock them up in a cellar, with just water and bread crumbles, and you give a typing machine to each one of them. Then you promise every month to liberate them in exchange for a masterpiece. But postergate it everytime, forcing them to produce some reall ...[text shortened]... to write his biography.

You're welcome!

😀
    Maybe something like this?

YouTube

np
  7. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    19 May '08 04:52
    ...postergate it everytime, forcing them to produce some really good stuff for your glory and profit.
    "Postergate"?
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    19 May '08 05:40
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    "Postergate"?
    As a native Spanish speaker, I tend to 'convert to English' Spanish words, mainly due to thinking in Spanish while writing in English.

'Postergar' in Spanish is translated into English as 'postpone'. I "anglicized" it.
  9. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    19 May '08 05:44
    As a native Spanish speaker, I tend to 'convert to English' Spanish words, mainly due to thinking in Spanish while writing in English.

'Postergar' in Spanish is translated into English as 'postpone'. I "anglicized" it.
    Understandable.

Not a bad word, either. I'd vote for it.

Challenge: Use the word with a least one person tomorrow and see if you get called on it. Report back with results.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    19 May '08 06:471 edit
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    Understandable.

Not a bad word, either. I'd vote for it.

[b]Challenge:
    Use the word with a least one person tomorrow and see if you get called on it. Report back with results.[/b]
    LOL

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree