1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 06:03
    OK, I am posting this on culture, but that's only out of not wanting to be off topic.

Which cultures/countries/peoples, are absent from representation on RHP, even though they are clearly, on the web?
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 06:11
    Borneo and Mongolia?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 06:20
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Borneo and Mongolia?
    I could be wrong, and would like to be, but I don't see much of China, Japan, France, Israel, Italy, for example.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 12:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    I could be wrong, and would like to be, but I don't see much of China, Japan, France, Israel, Italy, for example.
    There were more Europeans (and non U.S. posters) active in the Debates Forum a year or two or three ago. That forum has become gradually more America-centric. One could argue over whether the self-effacement of these euroweenies has been the cause of the Americanization or the result of it.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 07:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    There were more Europeans (and non U.S. posters) active in the Debates Forum a year or two or three ago. That forum has become gradually more America-centric. One could argue over whether the self-effacement of these euroweenies has been the cause of the Americanization or the result of it.
    Ah, now that too is America's fault.....
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 08:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, now that too is America's fault.....
    LOL. Not what I meant at all. I used the word "cause" not "fault". But, ironically, yours is the sort of parochial retort that kind of summed up much of the standard fare at Debates as its international character faded and faded, as it has over recent years. The forum 'belongs' to the people who are active. It is in the nature of the internet and one can hardly object to that. You should go there and offer a bit of your very, very interesting U.S-centric pouting and see if it inspires discourse between people from all over the world. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree