1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 16:12
    Looks like it may be pretty good.

I'll continue to hope for a film about samurai, Tomoe Gozen.
    Ever since reading the series of books about her by Jessica Amanda Salmonson during the 1980s; I've found female warriors intriguing.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 23:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    11 Jul '19 01:15
    @wolfe63 said
    Looks like it may be pretty good.

I'll continue to hope for a film about samurai, Tomoe Gozen.
    Ever since reading the series of books about her by Jessica Amanda Salmonson during the 1980s; I've found female warriors intriguing.
    I'm hoping they get a freckled redheaded Irish girl to play her
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 09:35
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes, and because of this, I'm not a fan of Disney and their appropriation of various cultural tales.

The animation is engaging, but I'm worried that these movies are sending the wrong message to young girls watching these various "princesses". Most damaging, I think, is that these tales all are presented through the American lens. I think this fundamentally changes them. I'd rather see some enterprising studio try to present these tales in a way that does not try to American-ize them to make them suitable for Americans. This would be a profound loss. I know Disney has, in fact, already done this to some degree, and I find this inexcusable.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '19 04:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree