1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 19:00
    Elvis Aaron Presley (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977)

The King of Rock and Roll would have turned 80 today.

Here's his first Billboard #1 pop hit from 1956. (The video sucks, but hey, it was 1956.)

YouTube

Long Live the King, baby.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 22:011 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Here's his first Billboard #1 pop hit from 1956. (The video sucks, but hey, it was 1956.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4euyTDhFnk

He was quite an unhappy dude I reckon at the end, he found great happiness in giving away Cadillacs. He was of course of Scottish extract.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 20:10

Wut do you mean would have?

He's alive! 😠
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 14:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    Wut do you mean would have?

He's alive! 😠
    He got run over with a milk float whilst performing oral sex with Freddy Mercury.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 03:36

Thanks, Suzi. August 16, 1977, was a sad day for many fans when Elvis left the room....
  6. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 05:31

get over it...he was only a big hype job...a country hillbilly....
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 05:03

Sorry, but Elvis was just a singer. He didn't write many of his own songs, so can't be counted as a complete music artist. I liked some of his music, but for all of his hip gyrations...he was still just a singer.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 15:12
    Originally posted by redbadger
    He got run over with a milk float whilst performing oral sex with Freddy Mercury.
    Actually he lived until his daughter married Michael Jackson, upon which had a massive heart attack. 😛
  9. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 20:25
    Thankyou Suzianne. I am old enough to remember the day Elvis died, and i was old enough back then to understand what an outstanding artist he was. I remember very well, his last few years, how many people worried about his health.... something was wrong, you could feel it. I still cry for Elvis for what those leeches did to him.

See you in heaven Elvis. I know i will, because without your velvet voice it wouldn't be heaven for me.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '15 21:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:09
    I am sure he really turned 80. he had a secret pact with the Devil - as Cary Grant, Greta Garbo, John Kennedy, Rudolf Valentino, Gerard Phiilipe, James Dean and others - that they will be remembered young(*ish) for ever, but that they must retire when they are told to.

They now live in Antarctica, in an undisclosed underground city.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 00:42
    Originally posted by Flower04
    Thankyou Suzianne. I am old enough to remember the day Elvis died, and i was old enough back then to understand what an outstanding artist he was. I remember very well, his last few years, how many people worried about his health.... something was wrong, you could feel it. I still cry for Elvis for what those leeches did to him.

See you in heaven Elvis. I know i will, because without your velvet voice it wouldn't be heaven for me.
    Flower, my son is about to go to CDL school. Can you give advice?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 May '15 18:19
    Originally posted by Flower04

I don't understand this sort of hero worship, but hey, everyone needs a hobby.

To me, Elvis was just a man with musical talent. He was a lost soul like we all are coming into the world, and we all leave the same way.

For me it shows that all the fame and wealth in the world just isn't enough. Hopefully he finds peace in the life to come.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree