Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

1. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    26 Feb '08 00:26
    I just heard Ireland will be sending in a turkey doll?
    The Turks should have thought of that.

Silly contests, silly world...
  2. Standard member Mexico
    Quis custodiet
    26 Feb '08 00:44
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I just heard Ireland will be sending in a turkey doll?
    The Turks should have thought of that.

Silly contests, silly world...
    He's not just any turkey doll.... He's a part of every Irish persons childhood, a shrewd political commentator and a musician..... Seriously I think he has 3 albums out.... His name's dustin.....
  3. 26 Feb '08 01:37
    Originally posted by Mexico
    He's not just any turkey doll.... He's a part of every Irish persons childhood, a shrewd political commentator and a musician..... Seriously I think he has 3 albums out.... His name's dustin.....
    Ahh. I had seen the youtubes but thought it was just something made up for Eurovision.
  4. Standard member Mexico
    Quis custodiet
    26 Feb '08 05:15
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Ahh. I had seen the youtubes but thought it was just something made up for Eurovision.
    Nope he's been a presenter on the Den (kids T.V. show, that takes over a channel for most of a weekday and shows cartoons....) for over 10 years now.... He's actually quite funny, and is famous for making apt political comments usually shown on more adult T.V.
  5. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    26 Feb '08 15:09
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1lIdd3VDBs&feature=related

Now there's culture for ya
  6. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    26 Feb '08 17:17
    Oh my.
  7. 29 Feb '08 19:22
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1lIdd3VDBs&feature=related

Now there's culture for ya
    OMG, I couldnt stay the course to watch that one, only lasted 20 seconds then prematurely disconnected. ( -steady russ : )
    I'm guessing that THING is going to represent Ireland in the Eurobongcontest. Its actually a good idea to move the whole thing a little further from reality if possible, all the countries should have puppets, scale the whole thing down to a small Transit van that can travel around each year. Terry Wogan should be replaced by a puppet too