1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 14:28
    How do you use it, if you do?

For example, a country song must be really good to get more than three stars. A Grateful Dead song must have something wrong to get less than four, and five is default.
  2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 17:45
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    How do you use it, if you do?

For example, a country song must be really good to get more than three stars. A Grateful Dead song must have something wrong to get less than four, and five is default.
    I tried doing a little of that in iTunes during one of my organizational frenzies. The problem is, a song's rating often depends on my mood. It's too subjective.

BTW, I'm as much of a Dead fan as anyone else, but even they had some mediocre songs.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 22:27
    Part of what made a GD song was being there. Listening to a recording is kind of inert compared to them live. Since it's no longer possible to see them live, I'd have to lower GD a star across the board for that.
  4. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 13:37
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    I tried doing a little of that in iTunes during one of my organizational frenzies. The problem is, a song's rating often depends on my mood. It's too subjective.

BTW, I'm as much of a Dead fan as anyone else, but even they had some mediocre songs.
    I am the same way. I tried to orginize my music, but its just not possible. I for one like to listen to the whole album as a package. There is a reason I bought the album in the first place. So trying to grade individual songs is pointless; because as you say diffrent moods alter how enjotable a song is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree