Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

1. 08 Jun '09 14:29 / 1 edit
    hi, here is some links to my cousin playing some acoustic guitar. i hope you like it - regards robbie.

YouTube&NR=1
  2. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    09 Jun '09 00:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hi, here is some links to my cousin playing some acoustic guitar. i hope you like it - regards robbie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8V8BYwrqg&NR=1
    Thanks for that, he is a decent player. Listen to this guy, O'Carolyn's Draught, pretty good and smooth, just came across it listening to your cous.
    YouTube&feature=related

This guy is really good! Listen to this one in DADGAD, it's much better than the last piece I found. I gather he's French.
    YouTube&feature=related
  3. 09 Jun '09 00:58 / 1 edit
    my cousin thinks that he is mince at playing the guitar, but these other players are really beautiful, thanks, if only i could read more than a bar a week 🙂
  4. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    09 Jun '09 20:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    my cousin thinks that he is mince at playing the guitar, but these other players are really beautiful, thanks, if only i could read more than a bar a week 🙂
    For folk music, you don't need to read music, just listen close and play it. Or get a good ear music teacher or mentor. Having music parties is a great way to learn. Have musicians over to the house, get drunk, stoned, whatever and have them teach you stuff.