Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    02 Nov '12 17:12
    There 9 downloadable files in this folder:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?q9zu36aappug4

    They are sequences of 20 or so guitar solos by Frank Zappa (extracted from the songs they were in) rather like the Shut Up And Play Your Guitar set and the albums called Guitar and Transfusion.

    The 4 compilations sourced from his 80 official releases are called FLAG SIS ZOO RUT

    The 5 sourced from soundboards of a selection of his shows (1973-1988) are the BOOTLOPS ones.

    Grab them all.

    An inventive and idiosyncratic electric guitarist.

    His work should be celebrated like this.
  2. 02 Nov '12 20:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    There 9 downloadable files in this folder:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?q9zu36aappug4

    They are sequences of 20 or so guitar solos by Frank Zappa (extracted from the songs they were in) rather like the Shut Up And Play Your Guitar set and the albums called Guitar and Transfusion.

    The 4 compilations sourced from his 80 official releases are called FLAG SIS ZOO ...[text shortened]...
    An inventive and idiosyncratic electric guitarist.

    His work should be celebrated like this.
    I had a Zappa album, it was simply a guitar solo from beginning to end, any idea what that album was?
  3. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    03 Nov '12 02:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I had a Zappa album, it was simply a guitar solo from beginning to end, any idea what that album was?
    Could be Shut Up And Play Your Guitar 2CD set (originally a 3 LP set) 1981 or the albums called Guitar (2CD) 1988 or Transfusion (1CD) [posthumous]. These are collections of disembodied solos though, not "a guitar solo from beginning to end". There is no Zappa album of that nature.
  4. 03 Nov '12 23:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Could be Shut Up And Play Your Guitar 2CD set (originally a 3 LP set) 1981 or the albums called Guitar (2CD) 1988 or Transfusion (1CD) [posthumous]. These are collections of disembodied solos though, not "a guitar solo from beginning to end". There is no Zappa album of that nature.
    actually it was a cassette which is not very helpful i know
  5. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    04 Nov '12 17:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually it was a cassette which is not very helpful i know
    There's no FZ release with "a guitar solo from beginning to end". There are three releases [two of which are double CDs] that are "guitar solos from beginning to end".
  6. 08 Nov '12 10:55
    He once gave a concert in Germany, Berlin I thought it was, and it was guitar solo only. Maybe there's a bootleg around.