Frank Zappa Guitar Solos

Frank Zappa Guitar Solos

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Nov 12

There 9 downloadable files in this folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/?q9zu36aappug4

They are sequences of 20 or so guitar solos by Frank Zappa (extracted from the songs they were in) rather like the Shut Up And Play Your Guitar set and the albums called Guitar and Transfusion.

The 4 compilations sourced from his 80 official releases are called FLAG SIS ZOO RUT

The 5 sourced from soundboards of a selection of his shows (1973-1988) are the BOOTLOPS ones.

Grab them all.

An inventive and idiosyncratic electric guitarist.

His work should be celebrated like this.

rc

Moves
02 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
There 9 downloadable files in this folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/?q9zu36aappug4

They are sequences of 20 or so guitar solos by Frank Zappa (extracted from the songs they were in) rather like the Shut Up And Play Your Guitar set and the albums called Guitar and Transfusion.

The 4 compilations sourced from his 80 official releases are called FLAG SIS ZOO ...[text shortened]...
An inventive and idiosyncratic electric guitarist.

His work should be celebrated like this.
I had a Zappa album, it was simply a guitar solo from beginning to end, any idea what that album was?

F

Moves
03 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I had a Zappa album, it was simply a guitar solo from beginning to end, any idea what that album was?
Could be Shut Up And Play Your Guitar 2CD set (originally a 3 LP set) 1981 or the albums called Guitar (2CD) 1988 or Transfusion (1CD) [posthumous]. These are collections of disembodied solos though, not "a guitar solo from beginning to end". There is no Zappa album of that nature.

rc

Moves
03 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Could be Shut Up And Play Your Guitar 2CD set (originally a 3 LP set) 1981 or the albums called Guitar (2CD) 1988 or Transfusion (1CD) [posthumous]. These are collections of disembodied solos though, not "a guitar solo from beginning to end". There is no Zappa album of that nature.
actually it was a cassette which is not very helpful i know

F

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually it was a cassette which is not very helpful i know
There's no FZ release with "a guitar solo from beginning to end". There are three releases [two of which are double CDs] that are "guitar solos from beginning to end".

S

Utrecht

Moves
08 Nov 12

He once gave a concert in Germany, Berlin I thought it was, and it was guitar solo only. Maybe there's a bootleg around.