1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 18:36
    Furthur Live at Verizon Wireless Arena on February 18, 2010

http://www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-02-18.akg483.v3.flac16f

A very nice sounding AUD recording. (and there are loads of others on that site too)

Some are saying this is the best post-Dead line-up yet. Could be. But Phil & Friends have had their moments and latter day Ratdog was pretty good. I also likes The Dead Spring 2009 tour a lot with Warren Haynes on lead.

This show from Manchester, New Hampshire, happened a couple of nights ago. Three hours. Uploaded in less than 12 hours from the last note played. These tapers are amazing.

It just kept my spirit and brain together today as I translated a very tricky paper on the aftermath of the global crisis on Indonesian financial institutions for the German Foreign Ministry.

Nothing like a one hour Bird Song > Born Cross Eyed > Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain > Sugar Magnolia sequence to make such a charmless chore feel not quite so bad.

Disc 1 / Set 1:
    01 crowd/tuning
    02 Feel Like a Stranger
    03 Loose Lucy
    04 It Must Have Been the Roses
    05 Deep Elum Blues
    06 Just A Little Light
    07 Money for Gasoline
    08 Loser
    09 Sugaree

-- set break --

Disc 2 / Set 2:
    01 crowd/tuning
    02 Truckin
    03 Deal
    04 Viola Lee Blues
    05 Nobody Girl >

Disc 3 / Set 2 continued:
    01 Bird Song >
    02 Born Cross Eyed >
    03 Scarlet Begonias >
    04 Fire on the Mountain
    05 Sugar Magnolia
    06 crowd
    07 Donor rap
    08 The Weight*

Phil Lesh - Bass Guitar and Vocals
    Bob Weir - Guitar and Vocals
    John Kadlecik - Guitar and Vocals
    Jeff Chimenti - Keyboards
    Jay Lane - Percussion
    Joe Russo - Drums
    Zoe Ellis- Vocals
    Sunshine Becker - Vocals
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 04:021 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Furthur Live at Verizon Wireless Arena on February 18, 2010

http://www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-02-18.akg483.v3.flac16f

A very nice sounding AUD recording. (and there are loads of others on that site too)

Some are saying this is the best post-Dead line-up yet. Could be. But Phil & Friends have had their moments and latter day Ratdog was pretty go ...[text shortened]... Keyboards
    Jay Lane - Percussion
    Joe Russo - Drums
    Zoe Ellis- Vocals
    Sunshine Becker - Vocals
    Sugaree as in Libba Cotton? Shake Sugaree? Deep Elum Blues as in Doc Watson? Are these dudes bluegrassers since they left the Dead? I don't think they are into traditional stuff are they?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 05:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sugaree as in Libba Cotton? Shake Sugaree? Deep Elum Blues as in Doc Watson? Are these dudes bluegrassers since they left the Dead? I don't think they are into traditional stuff are they?
    Sugaree (Garcia/Hunter) 1972

Deep Elum Blues as in Doc Watson, yes.

Jerry Garcia's musical roots were in bluegrass, banjo and the whole thing. The whole Dead oeuvre has been affected by it directly and indirectly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree