1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 23:31
    This is a fun composition featuring five (Go) guitars that should be heard at least once.

Composed by Lois V Vierk.
    Performed by Seth Josel.

Click on the "Play MP3" button:
    http://www.pcplanets.com/mp3s-780822-Go-Guitars-Lois-Vierk-piece-.shtml

Here's an interesting interview with Vierk if you wish to gain insights into her methods:
    http://www.newmusicbox.org/article.nmbx?id=5391
  2. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 17:102 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    This is a fun composition featuring five (Go) guitars that should be heard at least once.

Composed by Lois V Vierk.
    Performed by Seth Josel.

Click on the "Play MP3" button:
    http://www.pcplanets.com/mp3s-780822-Go-Guitars-Lois-Vierk-piece-.shtml

Here's an interesting interview with Vierk if you wish to gain insights into her methods:
    http://www.newmusicbox.org/article.nmbx?id=5391
    Interesting piece, if you have the patience. It progresses from a very atmospheric out-of-tune drone to a very intense layering of glissandi over the course of the whole 11:43 min.

EDIT: I think this would make a great soundtrack for a short film.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 01:491 edit
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Interesting piece, if you have the patience. It progresses from a very atmospheric out-of-tune drone to a very intense layering of glissandi over the course of the whole 11:43 min.

EDIT: I think this would make a great soundtrack for a short film.
    Yeah, not exactly music for short attention spans.

However, I thought it might have cross-over appeal because if its intensity.

Interesting idea about a short film. Did you have anything in particular in mind?
  4. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 14:01
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Yeah, not exactly music for short attention spans.

However, I thought it might have cross-over appeal because if its intensity.

Interesting idea about a short film. Did you have anything in particular in mind?
    The pace of the short film would have to mirror the contour of the music. I didn't have anything specific in mind, although I was vaguely reminded of "Pi" (...to be honest its been about 10 years since I've seen it so I can't be sure the music really is that similar).

The fact that the guitars are detuned lends an unsettling vibe to the whole piece. The slower beginning section would be great for establishing a tense atmosphere, maybe introducing odd or mysterious elements at this point. The plot would unfold as the music speeds up, culminating in some sort of frantic action (the main character piecing the mystery together feverishly, or some quick-cuts of desperate actions, etc...). The isn't really a denouement to the piece, but tack on a bit of silence at the end and that could be a great release.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 19:18
    The pace of the short film would have to mirror the contour of the music. I didn't have anything specific in mind, although I was vaguely reminded of "Pi" (...to be honest its been about 10 years since I've seen it so I can't be sure the music really is that similar).

The fact that the guitars are detuned lends an unsettling vibe to the whole piece. The sl ...[text shortened]... t to the piece, but tack on a bit of silence at the end and that could be a great release.
    That sounds similar to what came to mind for me also, though I was thinking in terms of deepening crisis with a realization at the climax. I like the idea of silence at the end.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 18:21

The fact that the guitars are detuned lends an unsettling vibe to the whole piece. The sl ...[text shortened]... t to the piece, but tack on a bit of silence at the end and that could be a great release.
    Pi, is that about the boy who gets trapped on a lifeboat with the tiger?
  7. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 04:53
    One and done. " Listened to at least once."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree