1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 11:33
    Rutledge Etheridge, whose last book was 'Brother John' about a 14 year old kid on a space colony planet, the kid was over 7 feet tall and won all his fights and got into a martial arts school and there were 5 books in that series.

The problem is that book was written 12 years ago and no followup and I was trying to track down the dude but no luck. The book was from Ace pubs, a well known sci fi house but they were bought out a couple of times and now seem to be associated with Penguin but in their list of authors, no such person turns up, as well as on google. All I can find are the books for sale on Amazon but practically nothing in the way of bio for the author.

My leading suspicion is he died shortly after that last book was written but have no proof.

I just was interested in tracking the guy down, no website for him or anything. Found one dude with that name born in 1921 but died in something like 1997 so he could not have been around for a book in 2001 I would think unless he wrote all 5 at the same time and they were parsed out by Ace.

Any ideas how I could find out what happened to this author?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 13:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Rutledge Etheridge, whose last book was 'Brother John' about a 14 year old kid on a space colony planet, the kid was over 7 feet tall and won all his fights and got into a martial arts school and there were 5 books in that series.

The problem is that book was written 12 years ago and no followup and I was trying to track down the dude but no luck. The ...[text shortened]... nd they were parsed out by Ace.

Any ideas how I could find out what happened to this author?
    Took me two seconds to google and find his twitter account:

https://twitter.com/SoLongThePath

So not only do you suck with computers but you can't use google either. 😛
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Took me two seconds to google and find his twitter account:

https://twitter.com/SoLongThePath

So not only do you suck with computers but you can't use google either. 😛
    I never jumped on the twitwagon. Thanks anyway in spite of the insult. I don't get into every techno development just because it is there. I have spent half a lifetime on technologies you will never see in your ENTIRE life so don't start telling people how dumb they are till you know the whole story of where I have been technologically speaking.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 16:42
    Thanks
    You're welcome.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    You're welcome.
    Most sci fi dudes have websites and it was notoriously absent in his case. I think twitter pretty much sucks with so limited a number of characters you can type. I guess that fits with the short attention span universe though.

I could basically only say hi and ask one question. Stupid system. And I know the founder is a billionaire, it's still stupit.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 16:541 edit
    Most sci fi dudes have websites and it was notoriously absent in his case. I think twitter pretty much sucks with so limited a number of characters you can type. I guess that fits with the short attention span universe though.

I could basically only say hi and ask one question. Stupid system. And I know the founder is a billionaire, it's still stupit.
    I just used google to find it, not twitter. For the next time you're trying to find something on the internet and before you decide that the person must be dead because you can't find their website, try typing the person's name into the search bar and press enter to get results. You can try searching past page one as well. Your keyboard might say "Return" if it's a Mac.
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 17:231 edit
    I need some help finding some obscure author. I think he wrote horror and some sci-fi, although he seemed to waffle to the point of boredom. I remember his name was something like Mr Ding. First name is Steve, I think.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 18:13
    Originally posted by lausey
    I need some help finding some obscure author. I think he wrote horror and some sci-fi, although he seemed to waffle to the point of boredom. I remember his name was something like Mr Ding. First name is Steve, I think.
    Shirley you jest...
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 14:45
    Steven Wan.... you're looking for.

-m. 😉
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 15:14
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Steven Wan.... you're looking for.

-m. 😉
    WANna bet?
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 08:37
    I never jumped on the twitwagon. Thanks anyway in spite of the insult. I don't get into every techno development just because it is there. I have spent half a lifetime on technologies you will never see in your ENTIRE life so don't start telling people how dumb they are till you know the whole story of where I have been technologically speaking.
    Remember, kids: the first syllable in Twitter is TWIT.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 12:50
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Remember, kids: the first syllable in Twitter is TWIT.
    It certainly panders to the short attention span world of today, doesn't it!
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 13:20
    Stephen King.

You're thinking of Stephen King.

King.

Not Ding.

King.

With A K.

He's written such novels as Carrie, The Shining and Misery.

Always glad to help.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 14:13
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    With A K.
    A.K. Rowling?
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 17:43
    Archibald. King's original first name was Archibald. He chose Stephen instead because he wanted to remind people of his Saskatchewan roots.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree