I want to start a garage band.

I want to start a garage band.

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
OK SORRY

Moves
12 Apr 08

I need tips, songwriting tips, e guitar tips, bass tips, selling tips. Music video tips. Thanks

Rapidfyre

In your face

Moves
12 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Rapidfyre
I need tips, songwriting tips, e guitar tips, bass tips, selling tips. Music video tips. Thanks

Rapidfyre
First of all you'll need a garage. After that, a little inspiration perhaps...]#

EDIT: Apologies, Fruity loops is a fine program, so is Cubase.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
12 Apr 08
1 edit

Rapidfyre
Ruled out Grandmaster ?

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
13 Apr 08

Rapidfyre
come to my summer camp

http://www.summermusicprograms.com

R
OK SORRY

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by gregsflat
come to my summer camp

http://www.summermusicprograms.com
Thanks, but what if my friends cant go there? We work better together.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Apr 08

I write a lot of songs. I start off either with lyrics I want, or the guitar I want and work the other side. I practice the song, and bring it to my buddies at the garage. The drummer gets a beat, the bass gets his thing going... and the lead guitarist comes up with more.

Someone might grab the harp, someone might sing back up vocals.

You just get some ideas and practice practice. Once we're done with that, or grow tired we usually fall back on a song we've downloaded lyrics and tabs for.

Sometimes I'll come up with a rhythm on the spot, and the same thing happens. We usually don't record any of it, but when we do I use a simple camera and download it the next day at the shop.

In other words, just do it.

P-

j

Moves
13 Apr 08
3 edits

Get a core member as a partner first.

If you play guitar secure yourself a like souled second guitar or bass guitarist first.

You two form a core nucleus. Then add other instruments when you are tight - like Lennon and McCartny.

Don't be a dictator but be a leader. Decide together what you all can play and what you cannot.

Plan your rehearsals.

Separate solid rehearsal of songs time from jamming and improvisation time. Don't mix the two up.

(IF you EVER have to kick someone out of your band, don't do it underhandedly. Be up front, frank, honest, and friendly. Still maintain your friendship if you can with a discharged member).

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by jaywill
Get a core member as a partner first.

If you play guitar secure yourself a like souled second guitar or bass guitarist first.

You two form a core nucleus. Then add other instruments when you are tight - like Lennon and McCartny.

Don't be a dictator but be a leader. Decide together what you all can play and what you cannot.
...[text shortened]... k, honest, and friendly. Still maintain your friendship if you can with a discharged member).
I'm breaking up my band so we can do a reunion tour next week.

P-

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
13 Apr 08

Rapidfyre
some serious advice,, this guy is good:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tz2Z5mFfmd0

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
13 Apr 08
1 edit

One week of your life, you'll walk out with a CD and a concert DVD. TAlk t your buddies. I can make it happen. I guess I should mention this is for kids under 18.

R
OK SORRY

Moves
13 Apr 08

Thanks for your help guys. 🙂😀

IM
Primal Primate

holiest of holies

Moves
14 Apr 08

Rapidfyre
the golden, golden rule is to NEVER EVER even CONTEMPLATE covering a song by thousand foot crotch.😛

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
14 Apr 08

Rapidfyre
Choose a more likable front man.

R
OK SORRY

Moves
14 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Iron Monkey
the golden, golden rule is to NEVER EVER even CONTEMPLATE covering a song by thousand foot crotch.😛
Krutch you facious pig.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
14 Apr 08

Rapidfyre
I've got some lyrics for you.

The leader is good,
The leader is great.
I surrender my will
As of this date.

Then you could bust into this giant long guitar solo while rubbing your a$$ along the strings to make some cool feed back loops. Trust me, the chix will dig it.