1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    21 May '09 17:38
    I was watching this on tv last night. One thing I didn't understand.

Vesper gives the banker the account number which, unbeknownst to Bond, is not the right account. Is this account her own account that she was planning on stealing the money for herself? Or is the account on behalf of the other un-named bad guys, as in she is working for them?

Because at the end, when Bond finds out she put in a different account number and is pissed at her, M tells him vesper must have made a deal with the other bad guys to save bonds life. Now if she was working for the bad guys they wouldn't have killed her because they needed the bank numbers AND bonds password.

Anyone with some light?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 May '09 12:39
    Originally posted by uzless
    I was watching this on tv last night. One thing I didn't understand.

Vesper gives the banker the account number which, unbeknownst to Bond, is not the right account. Is this account her own account that she was planning on stealing the money for herself? Or is the account on behalf of the other un-named bad guys, as in she is working for them?

Becaus ...[text shortened]... killed her because they needed the bank numbers AND bonds password.

Anyone with some light?
    It was her account number and the money was to save her brother who was in debt to the bad buys. Her brother gave her the necklace (not an ex lover as we initially asked to believe) she was wearing near the beginning, but had taken off by the dinner after the card game.

She was takng the money to give to the bad guys to save her brother not to save bond. She drowned in that ridiculous scene in the lift so we don't know what happen to the brother. Thanks my take on it but I’m probably wrong.

Thing I don't get is why Bond didn't shag that gorgeous bird in his hotel beach bungalow - what a prat!
  3. Standard memberPariah325
    Knife Wielder
    In the shadows...
    Moves
    24 May '09 00:16
    I would highly rec'd watching the next Bond movie - Quantum of Solace. It deals with Bond going after the people who led to the chick's death and betrayel and all that. They're called Quantum. And you meet the guy who gave her the necklace, who wasn't her brother. He comes across as more of a spy. His specialty appears to be seducing agents from other countries and worming his way in. It had some very enjoyable action in it.
    P
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 May '09 18:13
    Bond is dead.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    25 May '09 17:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It was her account number and the money was to save her brother who was in debt to the bad buys. Her brother gave her the necklace (not an ex lover as we initially asked to believe) she was wearing near the beginning, but had taken off by the dinner after the card game.

She was takng the money to give to the bad guys to save her brother not to save ...[text shortened]... n't get is why Bond didn't shag that gorgeous bird in his hotel beach bungalow - what a prat!
    so you're saying what M said to Bond was just a distraction? that it wasn't true that she made a deal to save bond's life?
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    25 May '09 17:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Bond is dead.
    So is Bela Lugosi.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    25 May '09 17:50
    Originally posted by Seitse
    So is Bela Lugosi.
    Undead! Undead! Undead!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 May '09 18:01
    Originally posted by uzless
    so you're saying what M said to Bond was just a distraction? that it wasn't true that she made a deal to save bond's life?
    Mmm. I'll have to watch it again in HD.
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    25 May '09 21:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Mmm. I'll have to watch it again in HD.
    because it made no sense for her to make a deal to keep him alive. She needed him alive to get the password from him so of course he was kept alive. They needed the password!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree