1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 03:042 edits
    YouTube&feature=related
    Amazing, she does this all live!

She also has this collaborative project, amazing! She has extended the loop idea to performers from around the world, it's not to late for anyone to participate!:

YouTube&feature=related
  2. Germany
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 21:051 edit
    Not her idea though, is it? I've seen this a good number of years back, anyway.

Also, I may only be an amateur producer but this is not reverb is it? Reverb is more like an echo, except that the sound slowly dies down instead of coming back in several peaks. This technique is simply tape looping, a technique stemming from the 1960s. CAN did some pretty interesting stuff with that.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tape_loop#Loop_Pedals
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 03:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7XIQ_6J2do&feature=related

She also has this collaborative project, amazing! She has extended the loop idea to performers from around the world, it's not to late for anyone to participate!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Tkym4gtUU&feature=related
    She makes me want to click my mouse.

Repeatedly.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 17:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Not her idea though, is it? I've seen this a good number of years back, anyway.

Also, I may only be an amateur producer but this is not reverb is it? Reverb is more like an echo, except that the sound slowly dies down instead of coming back in several peaks. This technique is simply tape looping, a technique stemming from the 1960s. CAN did some pretty interesting stuff with that.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tape_loop#Loop_Pedals
    It is looping, just wrote it wrong in post title. Still, she is the first one to make it big with this technique, and totally solo. Another example of that is Xavier Rudd from Australia, but he is more of a one man band.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 18:37
    It is looping, just wrote it wrong in post title. Still, she is the first one to make it big with this technique, and totally solo. Another example of that is Xavier Rudd from Australia, but he is more of a one man band.
    Well, Karlheinz Stockhausen and those sort of guys made it quite big as well in the 60s.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 19:461 edit
    Well, Karlheinz Stockhausen and those sort of guys made it quite big as well in the 60s.
    Sure, but Tunstall does it live, the guys from the 60's didn't do much performance art, mainly studio with what was state of the art electronics then. Everything discreet components, no op amps and such, maybe they used transistors but probably electron tubes (real electronics glows🙂
  7. Germany
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 12:36
    Sure, but Tunstall does it live, the guys from the 60's didn't do much performance art, mainly studio with what was state of the art electronics then. Everything discreet components, no op amps and such, maybe they used transistors but probably electron tubes (real electronics glows🙂
    I know CAN did live shows, but I don't know if they used live tape loops there. But they were analog anyway, so a bit different (and more complicated).
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 04:311 edit
    I know CAN did live shows, but I don't know if they used live tape loops there. But they were analog anyway, so a bit different (and more complicated).
    You have a link? Was CAN the name of a band? an individual? Did you check out Xavier Rudd? As a solo act.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 13:34
    You have a link? Was CAN the name of a band? an individual? Did you check out Xavier Rudd? As a solo act.
    Here's a kick ass example of Rudd on a live show incorporating the didgerdoo.
    Pretty cool stuff.

YouTube&feature=related
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 01:48
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Here's a kick ass example of Rudd on a live show incorporating the didgerdoo.
    Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Szkj_TCeo&feature=related
    Yes, but his early works I thought much better when he did not have a band surrounding him. We are friends on myspace but I recently revisited his site and he took out all the early solo stuff, the best of it IMHO, and substituted band work which just puts him in line with all the other millions of rockers.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 11:40
    They're a German krautrock band formed at the end of the 60s - some of their members studied music under Stockhausen. You should check out their 1971 album Tago Mago, it's brilliant. They are considered pioneers in early electronic pop music as well as modern ambient music, and have influenced later bands such as Buzzcocks, Stereolab and Radiohead.

I'll check out Xavier Rudd, thanks for the tip.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 23:16
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7XIQ_6J2do&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Tkym4gtUU&feature=related
    That's probably a Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler she's using. Been around for a few years now, i'm getting myself one for Xmas to hook up to my electronic drumkit.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 11:181 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    That's probably a Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler she's using. Been around for a few years now, i'm getting myself one for Xmas to hook up to my electronic drumkit.
    According to the Wiki article it's most likely an Akai E2 Headrush.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 11:46
    According to the Wiki article it's most likely an Akai E2 Headrush.
    I stand corrected.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree