Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    17 Aug '13 12:11
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPhykNohgnk

    One of the best, if not the best, versions of Kashmir ever produced.

    Old, I know, but I wonder how many have seen this?

    -m.
  2. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    17 Aug '13 19:38 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by mikelom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPhykNohgnk

    One of the best, if not the best, versions of Kashmir ever produced.

    Old, I know, but I wonder how many have seen this?

    -m.
    I for sure have not seen it. Amazing bunch of musicians for sure! This is a VCR copy transcribed to Youtube, any idea of the year of the original performance?

    I wonder if these musicians were a on off deal or if Plant and Page used any of them in other shows?

    I see they used the London Metropolitan Orchestra as well as Egyptian musicians, And Porl Thompson from The Cure on banjo and guitar, Jim Southerland on mandolin and bodran, didn't see either of those dudes! A lot to look at.
  3. 18 Aug '13 12:58
    Originally posted by mikelom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPhykNohgnk

    One of the best, if not the best, versions of Kashmir ever produced.

    Old, I know, but I wonder how many have seen this?

    -m.
    Excellent indeed, mikelom! I had not seen this before. What a great ensemble.
  4. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    20 Aug '13 12:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I for sure have not seen it. Amazing bunch of musicians for sure! This is a VCR copy transcribed to Youtube, any idea of the year of the original performance?

    I wonder if these musicians were a on off deal or if Plant and Page used any of them in other shows?

    I see they used the London Metropolitan Orchestra as well as Egyptian musicians, And Porl Tho ...[text shortened]... ar, Jim Southerland on mandolin and bodran, didn't see either of those dudes! A lot to look at.
    If my memory serves me correctly, I remember a friend of mine bought the Video in 1997. He always bought the latest releases. However, it may have been a tad earlier that '97.

    Thanks, Schappaza!

    -m.
  5. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    20 Aug '13 12:52
    Originally posted by mikelom
    If my memory serves me correctly, I remember a friend of mine bought the Video in 1997. He always bought the latest releases. However, it may have been a tad earlier that '97.

    Thanks, Schappaza!

    -m.
    I sussed out that guy Jim Sutherland:

    http://www.jimsutherland.uk.com/

    Traditional musician who broke into the commercial world. That explains the bodhran.
  6. 26 Aug '13 11:03
    Now here's Heart doing a Zeppelin tribute with Bonham's son on drums.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_D3SNdLfwk
  7. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    29 Aug '13 13:25
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Now here's Heart doing a Zeppelin tribute with Bonham's son on drums.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_D3SNdLfwk
    Wow - awesome!!! awesome !!!

    Thank you

    Superb update of a classic!

    -m.