Lennon or McCartney?

Lennon or McCartney?

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
24 Dec 10

This is plagiarism ?!!!! I don't get it !!!

&feature=related

GRANNY.

e4

Moves
26 Dec 10

Lennon or McCartney?

It's Lennon and McCartney. I don't think you can have one without the other.

Also George Martin's role in putting these great songs together
must never be underestimated.

d

Moves
07 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by utherpendragon
George was as good or better than both of them.
That is definitely NOT true. McCartney and Lennon were very prolific songwriters. George, while being a great guitar player, could never match the songwriting prowess of Paul and John. I also believe Paul was the more prolific songwriter and more gifted lyricist of the two, penning many more of the late Beatles songs than John (John and Paul both admit that Early Beatles songs have little to no lyrical depth).

All that being said, I am still a John man by virtue of his voice (my ears love the timbre) and on the strength of his first two solo albums, a couple of my favourites. I can do without his histrionics and pseudo-philosophy as well but it really doesn't deter me from enjoying the music whatsoever.

Specifically, the songs Mother, Jealous Guy and Oh Yoko are three of my favourite songs EVER SUNG.

For me though, a big Beatles fan, it's like picking which album is better - Rubber Soul or Revolver? RUBBER SOUL DUH but Revolver is still an amazing album.

Moves
13 Jan 11

Originally posted by mtthw
Let's face it, neither of them were anywhere near as good alone as they were together. Their strengths complemented each other.
One word: "Imagine"

I disagree.